cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet customer service is even worse than their broadband!

LJ06

PlusNet customer service is even worse than their broadband!

Ok this is going to sound rude but I am absolutely at the end of my tether with Plusnet and their inability to respond to questions or call someone when the say they will.  I reported a serious fault with my broadband by phone on 31st Aug and was advised to do X, Y and Z and they would ring me back in 3 days (Monday) to see if it fixed the fault. 

No call at all on Monday

so I replied in the open questions telling them the problem wasn't fixed (constant drops in connection up to 10 times a day) and could they call as promised.

No call on Tuesday

No call on Wednesday

So I again reply in the open question asking for the call  back

No call Thursday (6th) but they replied to the question saying do X, Y and Z.  

So I do as suggested and still nothing is better but I give it a few days.

10th Sept I update the question again saying it has got worse, their fix isn't working and I'm really frustrated now.

No reply.

I update on 12th telling them their lack of response is shocking and that the problem still persists.

13th September I finally give up waiting for them and ring them up AGAIN, advised to try something else and to reply to newly open question if it still wasn't any better.

I gave it 6 days of utterly useless broadband and stropping teenagers who just want to play xbox without being cut off every 10 minutes but again had to reply to the open question and guess what?  

NO REPLY!!

20th Sept NO REPLY

24th Sept NO REPLY

And oh look.....it's time for me to pay my bill now for services I am not getting.  So, if I don't pay that I'm pretty sure I'll get inundated with calls asking why not when the reason is there in black and white over 2 open messages with no replies from your absolutely useless customer service/broadband support team.

So, as you can see, I am beyond [-Censored-]ed off now and am looking elsewhere for broadband as nobody at PlusNet seems to give a hoot whether I'm getting what I paid for or not.

Thanks Plusnet, I'd like to say it's been a pleasure but it's been anything but!!

2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Re: PlusNet customer service is even worse than their broadband!

Hi,

A warm welcome to the forums.

Support seems to be maxed out at the moment with billing issues.  Have you done all of the tests requested?

Broadband is not going to work well if the "phone" line is not working properly.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.  From the Q&A list, choose the one which matches the problem, 'open' the 'section' and click the trouble-shooter link.  NB: If you receive a failure message (rather than a log-in prompt) then log-in to the user portal in a different browser tab and attempt to use the trouble-shooter again.

If the line is quiet, it would be wise to run the BB fault checker if you have not already done so - see the link below.

The above is the standard process for dealing with broadband faults.  I do not understand why expectations for a call back were ever set - that is not normally how issues such as this are managed.

The "constant drops" - how are you perceiving them?  Have you examined the router logs to verify that they are indeed xDSL drops, as opposed to a local WiFi issue?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: PlusNet customer service is even worse than their broadband!

Hi @LJ06

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm really sorry to see that you've experienced delays in getting a response from my colleagues.

I can see that my colleague contacted you on a ticket here on 16/09/18 but that your subsequent responses were not addressed - I will pick this up with the department concerned.

Having checked your connection I can see that the drops in connection have continued and despite no external faults being present this is something I'd like to escalate to our suppliers to investigate further.

I would be grateful if you could raise a fault here and I'll ensure that this is picked up as a priority once you've indicated that's been done.

Best wishes,

Dave