cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Advisors not correctly providing best deal advice

scoprion

PlusNet Advisors not correctly providing best deal advice

Hello there guys,
I am a new customer to PlusNet and recently posted a comment regarding the bad advice I received to taking out a product with them which is now costing me more than I anticipated.
My product – 12 month upfront line rental, anytime calls with 10GB internet usage. (Having asked lots of times if this would be more than sufficient enough due to grandkids visiting). Advisor was 100% confident.
I bought the product and one month into the contract being charged an extra £5 due to going over. Contacted PlusNet to rectify the problem, and basically was told three options,
!. Take out a 24 month contract with 12mth £4.99 and 12months £9.99 (paying more out and tying me to a longer term)
2. Upgrade to £9.99 for 12 months (the offer of £4.99 is still available but they don’t want to offer it when I could have done this had the information been correctly given)

3. Leave and pay a cancellation fee ( which the advisor was more than happy for me to do so)
I appreciate that no-one can determine how much usage someone would personally use but the professional advice provided was the 10GB would be more than anyone would use.
It’s very unprofessional that an advisor is willing to offer the option for a customer to leave and not retain their custom.
I have received some good advice from the forum on how I should manage my account.
I have also received an e mail from PlusNet who basically very blunt and still want me to sign up to a 24 month contract.
The offer £4.99 is still on, but the advisor did mention that it would cost PlusNet to put me on it as there is a lot of technical work that has to go into it.
As I have said I am still in the 2nd month of my contract and I am sure that this matter could be easily rectified to provide better customer care and satisfaction
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: PlusNet Advisors not correctly providing best deal advice

Hi there,
Leave it with me and I'll get someone to respond over on your other thread about this.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,113600.msg976979.html#msg976979
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I couldn't understand why another thread had been started, it just causes confusion.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63