cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus net unable to supply internet and want to charge me £155 to leave.

FIXED
jack087
Dabbler

Re: Moved house,cant supply internet yet charging me £155

@daveplus cheers
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@jack087 wrote:
@jab1... regardless of the terms do you think it's fair that because plus net are unable to supply internet I should be charged £155... if so your as bad as them...

You said you were 'unaware - I was merely pointing out the current situation in law.

John
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @jack087 

Sorry to hear that you feel this way. 

@RandallFlagg is correct in his explanation, I'm afraid, and @jab1 speaks truth regarding assumptions - we would expect customer to read and be aware of the terms and conditions which may affect them at any point across their contract.

@daveplus - i'm afraid we can only speculate on Ofcoms future decision, as things stand our Ts and Cs apply to all customers.

Thanks,

MoR

jack087
Dabbler

It's still disgusting and bang out of order... I'm still pursuing this as far as I can.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@jack087 Your right, if you so wish, but I have pointed out the current situation.

John
jack087
Dabbler

I want to make sure people know they are scum
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

@jab1 wrote:

Thanks for that, @daveplus, but I think that as things stand at the moment, it would take a court case to decide - see this same thread in Feedback

I cannot disagree with that and thanks for pointing to the very interesting Feedback thread.

Given the billing problems that Plusnet has, and as evidence of goodwill, maybe a deal would be the best way to go.

Dave

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note:

Two Topics on the same subject merged.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: Plus net unable to supply internet and want to charge me £155 to leave.

The other way of looking at this is:

You agreed to the 18 month contract, and then you decided to move house.

I think the fairness of it depends on if Plusnet treat every customer in the same situation in the same way.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @jack087

I'm sorry to hear we can't provide a service to your new address.

Unfortunately the advice given above is correct that we won't be in a position to waive the early termination charge on this occasion as you've agreed to a contract term.

When processing a house move to a new property, we'd waive the early termination charge for the existing term based on that you'd stay with us at your new address, but as this isn't possible I'm afraid the cancellation fees are applicable.

I realise this isn't the answer you'd want to hear, and I apologise for any frustration or inconvenience.

If you have any further queries or concerns, please feel free to let us know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jack087
Dabbler

That's interesting because ofcom have come back to me this morning and they have a different view on the matter.... and as previously stated, I will continue with my monthly contract and then sue for not providing the service to me.

I will be in touch with plus net soon.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@Gandalf,

Why can service not be provided at the new address?

Is this a case of Plusnet have excluded themselves from delivering in this location due to exiting from FTTP?  If this is the case, why should a customer be so disadvantaged by a decision made by Plusnet outside of the user's control?  Does Plusnet (and other ISPs) really believe that it is reasonable that a user should need to check if their contracted supplier can supply in a given location before making a decision to move home?

This is a UTLITY supply issue; other than some specific locations where BT Openreach has no access, there is zero reason outside of PlusNet's control for Plusnet not being able to supply a service.  Such areas which come to mind are Kingston-Upon-Hull (Kcom) and (from personal experience) buildings served entirely by cable (at the time NTL)  where BT has no way-leave.

There are potentially two factors in play here which equally lead to a breach of the contract...

1. The user moved home -  a decision made by the user, but potentially not under their control
  2. Plusnet cannot (or refuses?) to provide service at the new property - a decision made by Plusnet (outside of the control of the user) which means Plusnet cannot (will not) fulfil the contract

There is JOINT contribution to this situation, but Plusnet (along with many ISPs other than BT Retail) seem to expect the user to carry all of the consequential cost.  Would be very interesting to see how this plays out in court if a user were to take it that far.

Plusnet needs to review their stance here and (for just once) follow the practices of BT Retail.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jack087
Dabbler

Townman ... I will be doing so if this isn't rectified asap.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@jack087, I tried to call you just now to discuss this. Sorry I missed you, is there a good time for me to call again?

@Townman, unfortunately I'm not comfortable in disclosing that information as the original poster hasn't provided that regarding his new address at least publicly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jack087
Dabbler

You can try call me now while I am have lunch but I will be going back in 10