Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus net steal customers money

James
Grafter

Re: Plus net steal customers money

Morning,
I've just had a look at your account and the ticket that you have raised.
Unfortunately we appear to have not received notification that we were "losing" your telephone service to another supplier, which is why your bill was not amended accordingly.  In addition to this, you're on a monthly contract with a 30 day notice period.  Ignoring that point and as I've aklready mentioned, once the monies have been taken (which I cannot stop) I will be more than happy to refund accordingly.
sol_sun_ftm
Dabbler

Your username: ********
Dear Mr **************************
Your transfer away from PlusNet Home Phone is now complete. Any outstanding call
charges which you still need to pay are shown below. You will be billed for these
within the next couple of days.
Outstanding call charges
------------------------
Amount: £ 0.09

Need help?
----------
If you've got any questions about your service ask the Help Assistant -
http://portal.plus.net/wizard/
Above is copy of email from plus net confirming my home phone cancellation This email dated 25th Nov. So saying you did not know I was moving is incorrect. Also I moved to BT. As Plus net is owned by BT again you stating you did not know is wrong.
James
Grafter

Yep, you're absolutely correct.  I had a scan through your tickets on the account and I hadn't seen that one.  I'm sorry about that.
The fact that we're owned by BT Retail doesn't really make a difference in this case though.  We'll get your refund done as soon as we possibly can.
sol_sun_ftm
Dabbler

So bearing that in mind do you admit Plus Net were in the wrong to request the payment for Home Phone.  I am quite willing to pay the months Broadband and the outstanding call charges.  Then when I move from Plus Net. ie Today I will request a refund for my unused Broadband.
James
Grafter

I've already said numerous times that I'm more than happy to process your refunds once the payment has been processed.
sol_sun_ftm
Dabbler

That was not the question Were Plus Net in the wrong for taking the money for Home Phone in the first place? 
James
Grafter

Marginally, yes.
If you take into account the 30 day notice period, we've billed you for 4 days too many, but I've already offered to refund your notice period payments earlier in this thread.
sol_sun_ftm
Dabbler

Thats fine thats all I wanted (apart from the refund) someone to admit that Plus Net were in the wrong.  My new ISP has Txt me to say I should be online with them by close of play today. I am not sure if I can acess this forum when not a Plus Net customer, so Jameseh can I leave this in your capable hands.
Many thanks
James
Grafter

No problem.
You'll still be able to access this forum once you've migrated.
sol_sun_ftm
Dabbler

Many thanks to Link:CSA Removed who telephoned me last night from Plus Net. He informed me to contact my bank and recall the Direct Debit and Plus Net would write off the 4 days Broadband and couple of phone calls outstanding. Money was repaid to my account with no problem. So many thanks and thanks for your advice Jameseh
[Moderator's note by Barry Zubel: Removed CSC agent full name as per the link:rules]
James
Grafter

Hi,
Thanks for the update and certainly glad to hear that everything has now been sorted out.
Spider
Grafter

Quote from: sol_sun_ftm
....He informed me to contact my bank and recall the Direct Debit and Plus Net would write off the 4 days Broadband and couple of phone calls outstanding. Money was repaid to my account with no problem. ....

That is the most efficient and customer friendly solution and I am pleased that they gave you the option to do it.
Heloman
Grafter

Yep. I've always found that PN try to be customer friendly. Not surprised them writing off 4 days BB and a couple of calls so that they can spend more time with customers that have real problems, rather than someone making a mountain out of a molehill....
Smiley
mal0z
Grafter

I'm sure it's not PN's specific fault, but this problem with direct debits and debit card etc payments is a much wider issue.
I moved to PN  over three months ago from Pipex / Tiscalli, yet I only received a letter from the later to say that their direct debit had failed !!!.
i'm surprised as I cancelled the contract three months ago, and a letter is going off to them tomorrow.
I'm going to double check bank statement too .
And before PN guys get too smug - I have had problems with your systems being less than perfect too !!!, as an examination of my invoice/billing history will reveal.
puddy
Grafter

It’s not  optional  you can stop a direct debit with your bank at any time if you disagree with amount/  
That’s why the direct debit mandate scheme was setup and they obliged to return the money to your bank account the same day.
No if and buts for the Bank, if they are not playing ball read out the mandate back to them.  
You should get 7  10 or 14 working days to tell Plusnet  it got the invoice wrong and ask them to correct your payment, by sending a new invoice out
Plusnet  will  say we cannot change the amount but will credit you on your next invoice which breaks all the direct mandate rules (its your money)
I am glad your problem has been sorted by plusnet.
Puddy
ps mobile phone companies always try to send out an extra invoice.  When you give them 30 days notice to cancel your contract ,cancel the direct debit at the same time