cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus net steal customers money

sol_sun_ftm
Dabbler

Plus net steal customers money

I have decided to move away from plusnet. My home phone returned to BT on the 24th November 2008. My broadband will change on 2nd December 2008. I today received notice of my direct debit which included homephone from 28th November till 28 December. I contacted plus net who said tough we will take the Direct debit and then refund you when it clears. Why should I wait for them to decided to pay me back for a service I dont have from them.
I am prepared to pay the broadband portin of my bill then get a refund when I move as I will be using their system for part of the billing period. But I will not pay for a service I dont get from these thieving twats
So if you are moving from Plusnet watch out

Moderators note by Chemical Brother - Attempt to evade swear filter removed, as per the link:rules
43 REPLIES 43
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Plus net steal customers money

What you've described is common billing practice, not theft.  Shocked
sol_sun_ftm
Dabbler

How can it be common practice when they are billing me for a service which comenced 5days after I left them. They are nothing more than thieves
James
Grafter

Hiya,
Because of the way that our billing systems work, we're not able to stop a single direct debit payment once it has been initiated.
Of course we're more than happy to refund the amount once the payment has cleared and I'm sorry that you feel that we're taking money unfairly.
Billing is always performed in a monthly fashion based on the services that you have with us at that point in time.
sol_sun_ftm
Dabbler

That is rubbish the bill was generated FIVE days after I transfered my phone account. So how ever you dress it up you messed up and took money you were not entitled to , that is theft no if or buts
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

@ the OP
I think it would be well advised to tone down your posts slightly - accusing plusnet of theft maybe slightly over the top, and from what I see, James is trying to help you.
The billing system is what it is, and unfortunately there is no changing it overnight.
If I were you, I'd let the payment go through, as there may be charges in arrears if you have made any calls outside the scope of your package. If you attempt to stop the payment, this will be seen as a default, for which you could be liable financially, incurring further costs.
As James said, they will refund you straight away once you talk to them - in a civilised manner.
With my moderators' hat on, You'd be well advised to take this matter to tickets rather than the forum, because this is not an official support mechanism.
Chemical Brother.
sol_sun_ftm
Dabbler

Taken it to tickets and spoken to Plus net. No one seems to be bothered. I thought I would use this forum to warn others of the way Plus net operate.
I will not pay the invoice on point of princable and if they want ot charge me fees for doing that I will see them in court. I cant see how I can be in the wrong because they messed up and charged me for a sevice I donr get from them.
Too many people follow your advice and just rool over when confronted with cases like this, well plus net have tried it on with the wrong one
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

Oh dear - going round in circles here.  Roll_eyes
The fact you have raised a ticket on a Sunday will mean that there is a reduced presence in the office, and will be dealt with by the billing team, who usually work Monday to Friday.
They will respond to your query as soon as they see it. I am guessing you are a person of little patience.
To coin a phrase "Can't please all of the people all of the time, only some of the people some of the time"

Oh.. and before you jump down my throat about me being staff.. I'm not. I'm a customer, just like you.
CB
sol_sun_ftm
Dabbler

Had no intention of jumping down your throat. But plus nets staffing does not bother me. I am living on a limited income and object to paying for anything I have not received whether that be plus net or the corner shop.
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

That's completely understandable, and I can see why you want answers quickly.
I can assure you that James is as good as his word. He will make sure your refund is made expediciously.
sol_sun_ftm
Dabbler

I can see where you are coming from.But I dont see why I should be with out money untill plus net decide to refund me. Bearing in mind its their mistake.
Spider
Grafter

For info:
A lot of DD systems start the process about two weeks before it is due to debit your account. Any changes made withing that 2 week period normally get applied from the following months processing. I too don't work for Plusnet so can't speak specifically for them but a lot of companies systems work in this way.
Under the DD guarantee you can get your bank to refund the money straight that is claimed in error. They then make a claim from the company involved. However following this route can lead to more complications, especially if the company as already processed your refund in advance. If memory serves correctly the company can only see if the DD claim as been successful on the 3rd working day after it debits your account. Often it is this delay that delays the return of the payments to you. The for final sting in the tail is it then takes 3 days for the payment to be made via the BACS system. This realistically means that an account isn't credit again until 6 days after debit.
sol_sun_ftm
Dabbler

Exactly my point. I am without those funds for at leaast a week through no fault of mine.
Emma
Grafter

I think you will find that whoever you change to there is always an overlap of payments, i too had the same issue when i changed provider, Plusnet refunded any overpayment as soon as it had cleared. There is a system in place to put tickets on hold until the payment will have cleared, then refund anything that is due to you. This will get monitored by customer services every day and check its cleared.  Also phone calls made before it was transfered do need to be paid for.
Try to calm down, as others have said James is true to his word I can vouch for that  Smiley
Heloman
Grafter

Agree with those comments.
Plusnet are just using normal, accepted, accounting practices. I've just had the same thing transferring my DD gas supply from British Gas to EON.
Its the way business works.
In my long experience PN (including James !) are to be trusted and its way OTT to call them thieves....