cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus Net is expensive

AndyH
Grafter

Re: Plus Net is expensive

So you're not willing to say even which package/s you're on? What about the competitors?
What's the point of complaining on here then?
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Loyalty hasn't been 'paying' for years as far as most services and utilities are concerned - gas, electricity, home and motor insurance to name but 4 tempt new customers with special terms and then try to sting them after the first year, presumably in the hope that they either won't notice or that inertia has set in.
Whether PlusNet should offer the same deals via the upgrade/change portal as they may do over the phone is another matter, as Townman has already noted.
If you want to express your views on an open forum you have to be prepared to be challenged from time to time by those with different views - in that sense you have indeed started a debate, whether you wanted one or not.  
johnmglen
Grafter

Totally agree that a debate might ensue. BUT, that does not mean the comments that instigated the following diatribe were ever intended to do so. My comments are an observation, a complaint, something for you to debate if you wish. Me, I was simply stating an opinion without any expectation, or likelihood that I would ever provide further detail (or specific billing arrangements). If folk want to get worked up, that's up to them.
johnmglen
Grafter

Quote from: AndyH

For the very pleasure derived from the act of complaining on here of course.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

It seems to me that Plusnet have a pot of money to give discounts to members who have the nouse to ask for it. This is obviously a costed response to the issue leaving the less astute or informed to pay more.
I too asked for it and got an offer which kept me satisfied  Smiley
Perhaps someone should start a poll  Huh
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
johnmglen
Grafter

Quote from: PeterLoftus
It seems to me that Plusnet have a pot of money to give discounts to members who have the nounse to ask for it.

Is that like 'nouse' but different  Grin  You boys.....you think I haven't asked - sheesh!
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Thanks for the correction typo altered
But I'm getting bored with this guess what went wrong game  Sad
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
johnmglen
Grafter

Quote from: PeterLoftus

But I'm getting bored with this guess what went wrong game  Sad

As I was with the pontificating and poorly disguised sarcastic dig.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Quote from: Townman
Quote from: JMG
It's probably not appropriate to go into the specifics of my particular gripe with Plus Net, but it is genuinely how I feel.

Without the specifics, there is no objectivity, just gripe

...My comments are an observation, a complaint, something for you to debate if you wish. Me, I was simply stating an opinion without any expectation, or likelihood that I would ever provide further detail.

For the very pleasure derived from the act of complaining on here of course.

So you simply came here to "sound off" not really wanting any help, support or indeed feedback of other people's experience? Sorry if you do not like the responses you have received, but the people around here have simply sought to better understand your observation / complaint / opinion in an attempt to offer help.
As Peter suggests, time to find something different to do for someone who wants to be helped.  Enjoy the rest of your day with your derived pleasure!  Grin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

@ JMG - If you're expecting to pay half price + cashback, then your expectations are too high.

That does happen sometimes.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Let us throw in a couple of facts - I think this is correct - subject to being wrong of course
Judging by this you are on a Market 1 Exchange so the headline prices for offers aren't relevant
I may be wrong, I sometimes am Wink but a few pence short of £30 for my phone & 60 GB limited service that runs at 2.5 Mbps at best is becoming hard to justify. I know Plus Net don't look after the stupid bit of copper wire that so badly serves my home, but it is nevertheless, a bit steep. The recent price rise is also but hard to swallow. I would love to see a service that recognises places with really cruddy connection speed and gives you a discount (yeah, I know, dream on). Anyhow, gentle moan over, Plus Net's service is still very good - reliable, stable etc but it won't stop me looking to cut costs and if that means moving, so be it. 
Basically the cost for a Market 2/3 exchange ignoring introductory discounts but with the phone is £9.99 whereas for a Market 1 exchange it is £17.49
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

I think some would be very surprised the offers that have been given on Market 1 exchanges for agreeing a new 24 month term .
Regards
Mike  

johnmglen
Grafter

Old Jim, that's about 3 years out of date. But thanks for trying!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

OJ,
Thank you for providing a context for the OP's observation / complaint / opinion.  That does make matters somewhat more transparent.  Market 1 is a whole different debate matter to the non-specific matter apparently being complained about.

Razorback
Grafter

that's about 3 years out of date.

Within that timeframe I moved from Plusnet to BT to take advantage of their introductory rate, vouchers and cashback and have now moved back to Plusnet  as a “new” customer with an introductory offer and cashback.