Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus £1.50 charge to pay by credit card

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Plus £1.50 charge to pay by credit card

As far as I know completing DD details online is all that is required. Submitting the paper version is an alternative method available for those that want to set one up that way.
Once details are entered the DD should be submitted to your bank electronically. Your bank then approve the DD to confirm set up.
David
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I think the paper method is just for situations like joint accounts that require two signatures or business accounts.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
firkin
Grafter

The problem is there seems no way to let PlusNet know which bank account I want the DD to come out of using the on line method, although I've filled in all the other details and sent them.
I want the DD payment to come from an entirely different bank account than the one I'm using with the credit card monthly payment.
Bruce47
Grafter

The DD form asks for the sort code and account number of the account you want to use.
adie:quote
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and the Credit card does not come from the bank, even the Debit card does not have the bank account number  on it, just the card number and branch

(do some people actually use cards, they dont seem to know how they work)
jelv
Seasoned Hero

My debit cards (Nationwide) have both the sort code and account number on them (in small numbers at the bottom).
pierre_pierre
Grafter

perhaps Nat West are a bit more secure, they did away with that about two years ago, but that data being printed would not go to the recipient of the card payment ( or would it?)
gswindale
Grafter

The data is on my Lloyds cards as well.
The only thing that gets passed across on a card transaction online are the card number; the expiry date and the CVS code as far as I'm aware.
itsme
Grafter

Ditto for my Lloyds card. As the Lloyds card is also a cheque guarantee card it has to have the sort code and account number to match up with the cheque. So P-P does the Nat West debt card double up as a cheque guarantee card?
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Quote from: itsme
As the Lloyds card is also a cheque guarantee card

Still? Nationwide have dropped that and I thought that scheme was ending.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

My RBS debit card is a cheque guarantee card and only has the sort code on it.  I'm pretty certain I've never had an RBS card with the account number on it.  I've always wondered why my wifes Lloyds card does.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Spider
Grafter

Quote from: itsme
.... does the Nat West debt card double up as a cheque guarantee card?

RBS cards who own NatWest don't feature the account number but are still cheque guarantee cards. I am guessing Natwest would be the same. It is not a requirement to have account numbers on the card as the key features on the guarantee card card the signature, guarantee hologram, name & sort code. If a retailer is unsure about a card they can always ring through to check. The guarantee is normally only valid if the retailer 'cards' the cheque.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

its a bit obscure on the NatWest Card, I have two my Current account cards has ServiceCard 100 on the front and other details on the back for the retailer, this is a guarantee for up to £100, the other is for cash from my deposit and doesnt have any guarantee on the card, but I have used it for £500
firkin
Grafter

I don't want to use the present credit card/bank account with the DD that I thought would be simple to set up but is now proving more difficult than I first imagined.
I want to use another back account which has a different name from the one my present named bank account uses. There is no provision to do this on-line and there's none to do it using the print out DD form.
For instance: Mr. Apple currently pays the PlusNet account with user name 'flyingfig'. Now I want 'flyingfigs' PlusNet account to be paid by Mr. Pear using Mr. Pear's bank account and not Mr. Apple's.
James
Grafter

Hi Firkin.
This shouldn't be a problem?  Where are you experiencing difficulties in doing so?