Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus £1.50 charge to pay by credit card

firkin
Grafter

Re: Plus £1.50 charge to pay by credit card

Hi James
Fortunately I've just had a call from a PlusNet agent (who has been very helpful over the last few months trying to fix a fault with my speeds; that is all sorted now and it was a BT fault who had to flex my card  Shocked .  I'm now getting 3.7Mbps. Speeds  I've never had in the past).
I explained the problem concerning the DD payment and he put me through to the accounts department. After I explained to him my problem he has sorted it so that my next payment will come from Mr.Pears account paying for 'flyingfig's' PlusNet account. So hopefully all should be fine on the next billing date.  Smiley
firkin
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
Hi Firkin.
This shouldn't be a problem?  Where are you experiencing difficulties in doing so?

James, it seems that there might be a problem.I've just looked at my account details and it looks like they have got Mr. Pears surname wrong. Obviously a typo, although I do tend to repeat and spell out my surname because it's unusual. The account department have now got the the incorrect details to complete what I thought was going to be an easy process. It's now looking as if it's going to be one of those errors that shouldn't happen and cause a load of problems further on!
Is there anyway you can correct this problem before my next invoice?
Nick_Russell
Grafter

Do you get charged £1.50 if you manually pay by CC every month?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Nick Russell,
I'm not sure what you mean by manually pay by credit card but the charges are in place which ever way a subscription is paid by card I'm afraid.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Nick_Russell
Grafter

I meant, not setting up a continuous CC authority, I mean paying manually each month.
Also, can I pay by BACS in advance each month?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We don't provide a way to pay manually by credit card. Also we don't accept BACS either I'm afraid.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mickjeff

When I started using Plus Net some 8 years ago (yes a loyal customer) the method available to make payments was by debit card I chose this method and have paid without fail for those 8 years. If Plus Net (BT) want to charge me £1.50 for using a payment method they accepted at my time of sign up then I will be moving my custom elsewhere just like I did when BT introduced this for their telephone customers. Angry Angry Angry  I wish I could charge Plus Net £1.50 everytime my connection drops I would be worth a few quid now. I am sick of service companies adding charges for no good reason ripping the public off just like the government with the VAT increase another example of rip off britain.
rgsuk
Dabbler

This is the third 'hidden charge' since I signed up for Plus.net at the end of September. I was led to believe it was 'no contract' with the first four months free but after committing myself I discovered a £25 fee when leaving and a further £25 if I leave within the first 12 months.
Now an extra £1.50 per month for paying by credit card. I have no intention of paying by direct debit because Plus.net already charged me this month when they shouldn't have (I was just starting the last of four months free).
If they had been honest in the first place probably I would have signed up anyway as four months free, £12.99 pm, 10gb and a £25 fee when you leave is a good deal. However, the way this company operates constantly leaves me with the feeling that I have been conned by a bunch of spivs and I don't like it. It is dishonest and misleading - there is no other description for it.
I am going to make a complaint to my MP who will probably contact OFCOM, as he did on my behalf before when I had problems with AOL.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

This is the third 'hidden charge'

Its that hidden we've e-mailed all of our customers about it today Wink
With regards to payment we do fully appreciate and respect the fact that it may be a matter of principals to some people that they wish to pay how they want to. However I would beg anyone to explain to me the advantages of paying using a debit card over that of using a direct debit from the same account.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mickjeff

Yes it is a matter of principle in my case anyway. Why do Plus Net want to force everyone to use Direct Debit or be levied with a £1.50 charge because some customers fail to pay. By all means charge those that default payments but do not use a big stick to make loyal good payers use a payment method they do not want to use if they don't want to. Is it not the fact that Plus Net want Direct Debit because it is a better payment method for them because they will get the payment even if the user does not have the funds to cover the payment much the same as Councils who give direct debit payers different payment dates throughout the month whereas those who do not pay by DD have got to pay on the 1st of every month or face a letter threatening court action. I am serious about leaving Plus Net they are becoming more like BT (rubbish) customers who do not want to pay by DD should vote with their feet>:( Angry Angry
Adie:orange excessive emoticons removed as per link:rules
jeffglos

I been with Plusnet for years. I joined when it was a independent company. But since it been taken over by BT I found it got worse. Now there a charge for card payments. It won't be long until Plusnet informs us that it merging with BT Broadband and it will be for our benifit.
mickjeff

Moderator's note by Adie (Adiewoo) excessive emoticons removed as per Forum Rules
Boo Hoo  Cry Cry Cry
Islander

Quote from: mickjeff
Yes it is a matter of principle in my case anyway. Why do Plus Net want to force everyone to use Direct Debit or be levied with a £1.50 charge because some customers fail to pay. By all means charge those that default payments but do not use a big stick to make loyal good payers use a payment method they do not want to use if they don't want to. Is it not the fact that Plus Net want Direct Debit because it is a better payment method for them because they will get the payment even if the user does not have the funds to cover the payment much the same as Councils who give direct debit payers different payment dates throughout the month whereas those who do not pay by DD have got to pay on the 1st of every month or face a letter threatening court action. I am serious about leaving Plus Net they are becoming more like BT (rubbish) customers who do not want to pay by DD should vote with their feet>:( Angry Angry
[Moderator's note by Adie (Adiewoo) excessive emoticons removed as per Forum Rules

I have also been with Force9  since it's inception many years ago and have always paid by credit card and always intend to.  I currently pay £11.99 per month which will obviously increase in line with the VAT increase. I am NOT prepared to pay an additional £1.50 ... which amounts to a price increase of nearly 15% !!!! . Why should I subsidise poor payers ?...... I'm just this minute looking to switch to another provider. Be very careful Plusnet, you are going to alienate alot of your long established customers with this levy.... those that have been your company's bread and butter for a long time.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
With regards to payment we do fully appreciate and respect the fact that it may be a matter of principals to some people that they wish to pay how they want to. However I would beg anyone to explain to me the advantages of paying using a debit card over that of using a direct debit from the same account.

I got the email today and it jogged my memory that I needed to switch to DD.  Took about a minute to do. The only reason I had been paying by debit card was that when I joined PN I think this got me online quicker, and I never got round to changing it to DD.
Adam, I hope your principal doesn't read your post.  Wink Wink
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
I never got an E-Mail about this today.
Edit, Just checked with my referral and she never got one either. Are you forgetting about us up here In Scotland?
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.