cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please tell us the PN IPv6 Roadmap

MrToast
Grafter

Please tell us the PN IPv6 Roadmap

We were told over a year ago that the core network was now IPv6 enabled (or parts of it). There has also been a small pilot giving access to a number of customers.
When will PN be rolling out IPv6 to; DNS, webservers, portal, email, and, access.
As a matter of feedback to PN I would say that time is moving on. Growth of the IPv4 internet is restricted through address exhaustion. Its not going to get any better. I'd like to know my services are connected to the whole of the internet IPv4 & 6.
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Please tell us the PN IPv6 Roadmap

Hi there,
Whilst preparations are still being made for this no date is yet set in stone for our entire platform to be IPv6 enabled. We will be making announcements about it much nearer the time though.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
avatastic
Grafter

I'd guess that 6 June 2012 is what they are aiming for, but won't commit to it just yet in case things slip drastically.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
MrToast
Grafter

Thanks Adam,

If there is no date for service launch yet are you able to at least shed some light on the approach to be taken. Will you be avoiding NAT for example by having true dual stacked servers.
Are there barriers in BT's access network? Some ISPs seem to be having issues with their DSLAMs... and are in no hurry to re-equip. I had always thought that essentially there is a L2 tunnel from the ISP gateway to the customers router. Perhaps its not that simple? That said I don't think that IPv6 access in the UK is the main issue but rather the servers and other core infrastructure. This is because the users without IPv4 addresses are not here but other parts of the world.
Could i prompt for a roadmap (with or without dates) and a FAQ?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: avatastic
I'd guess that 6 June 2012 is what they are aiming for, but won't commit to it just yet in case things slip drastically.

Looking at that website there is currently ONE UK ISP listed - no prizes for guessing who that would be considering they've been offering IPv6 for a considerable time.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
avatastic
Grafter

It's TalkTalk right? They're the best and most forwa...  Grin  Grin
I'm amazed I got that far  Cheesy
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)