cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please consider this - Caller Display and Itemised Bill add Callers name feature

chrisparf

Please consider this - Caller Display and Itemised Bill add Callers name feature

This is a suggestion that would enhance the customer experience for all Plusnet Customers.
Under Itemised bills the Caller display numbers are seen .... why cannot we click on the number and enter a name associated to that Caller Display number that the system then remembers and that name is then displayed for all future calls to/from this particular number?
This facillity/feature is available today for BT customers and it makes it a lot easier when looking at your Itemised Bill, as you see "names" instead of just numbers.
Thank you
Chris Parfitt
10 REPLIES 10
James
Grafter

Re: Please consider this - Caller Display and Itemised Bill add Callers name feature

Hi Chris,
Yours is a suggestion I've seen (I think once) before.
Currently we don't have the required development resource (they are building more important things) available, but it's certainly something we can consider once we get around to revamping the member centre.
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Please consider this - Caller Display and Itemised Bill add Callers name feature

Thanks are due to the OP - I use BT and have now actioned this at my account!
ChrisL
Rising Star

The lack of this 'Address Book' feature (and the lack of free caller display) was what stopped me moving my phone from BT for a long time. Now I've relented I still miss it.
Come on Plusnet! Worth a bit of effort, I assure you.
Chris
TORPC
Grafter

This is a feature that I also long for
However I was never offered the option to port the CallerID setting when PlusNet ported my number from my previous ISP
If I had known I would of requested it
Bad PlusNet tsk tsk tsk
James
Grafter

When you place your order you are given the option to choose features - you may have missed it.
We *do not* do like for like transfers.  We have encountered various CPS related issues which have resulted in some customers not being able to call certain numbers. So we stopped doing it.
TORPC
Grafter

No I did not miss it, I was offered features, but not to port the callerID over
The 1st I heard that it is an option, was on a recent thread on here
pwatson
Rising Star

????  "Porting CLID over" is not an option
Caller ID is a feature that needs to be ordered when your line is active with PN even if you had the feature with a previous provider
TORPC
Grafter

option
ˈɒpʃ(ə)n/
noun
noun: option; plural noun: options
    a thing that is or may be chosen.
    "choose the cheapest options for supplying energy"
    synonyms: choice, alternative, recourse, possibility, course of action; More
    freedom of choice, power to choose, right to choose;
    informalbet
    "the way I see it, we have two options"
        the freedom or right to choose something.
        "she was given the option of resigning or being dismissed"
        a right to buy or sell a particular thing at a specified price within a set time.
        "Columbia Pictures has an option on the script"
verb
verb: option; 3rd person present: options; past tense: optioned; past participle: optioned; gerund or present participle: optioning
    buy or sell an option on.
    "his second script will have been optioned by the time you read this"
Origin

Either way if they do not inform us & let us know that we can order such an option, then they are not doing their job (are they) ?Huh
James
Grafter

You need to choose the feature when placing your order.
TORPC
Grafter

I place the order over the phone & was never informed that the option / feature existed
Therefore how could I choose a feature (as you put it) when I did not know about it at the time ?Huh
Come on it is not rocket science (or) is it for some ?Huh