cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placed Order This Morning - Now Want to Cancel - 35 Mins on Hold Waiting - HELP!

Shirgles

Placed Order This Morning - Now Want to Cancel - 35 Mins on Hold Waiting - HELP!

Help! Just want to cancel the order placed this morning. Already 35 mins on hold and still holding  :-\.
[Moderator's note by Dick(Strat) All caps title edited as per this forum rule http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,218.0.html#post_caps
16 REPLIES 16
Shirgles

Re: PLACED ORDER THIS MORNING - NOW WANT TO CANCEL - 35 MINS ON HOLD WAITING - HELP!

40 minutes and still on hold. Not a good first impression Plusnet.  Sad
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Placed Order This Morning - Now Want to Cancel - 35 Mins on Hold Waiting - HELP!

I'm afraid you're unlikely to get a response from Plusnet on the forum until tomorrow morning at the earliest.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Shirgles

Re: Placed Order This Morning - Now Want to Cancel - 35 Mins on Hold Waiting - HELP!

43 minutes in - finally answered and order cancelled. Lucky escape methinks!  Cheesy
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

IT's a national ISP, with 100,000's of customers... It's to be expected that you'll have a wait on the phone.
You have to appreciate that calling an internet provider, is quite different to calling other call centers such as banks and utility services.
All you need to do is have a little patience. It's a free telephone number (from landline) and a mobile friendly contact number for contracts/payg, most phones have loud speaker, so it's not like you have to hold the phone to your ear the whole time.
alegeek
Grafter

I'd disagree with that, I've called Sky 4 times today my longest wait time was 11 seconds (that was during peak time too)! Plusnet haven't grown the staff base at the same rate they peddle the special offers and customers are now falling victim to this in the same way TalkTalk customers did for years.
adie:quote
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quite so. And they won't get forum support as good as it is here when they go elsewhere either.
twitchy14
Grafter

l actually came on to see if anyone could advice a time when plusnet phone lines are answered within 5-10min, just spent 25min with no response, apart from usual recorded message `our phone lines are busy` in friendly yorkshire?accent, followed by inane music, which is the case whenever l ring, day, time.
l dont see why calling an isp should be quite different to other national companies, many having millions of customers.  Might add that l was with virgin 2-3yrs, Sky 2yrs and never needed to go on mbs, and rarely needed forum support, and rarely if ever needed to ring customer services as should be, you pay for a service and shouldnt need to spend hours on mbs and phones trying to get the service as advertised, time consuming and stressful, which is  regular for some  plusnet customers, and near persistent for many talk talk customers, might add `bot` theyre still being sucked in by tt offers, in their thousands weekly or monthly, a lot, as seen on mbs complaining, with real  justification,  making allowances for those on both forums who have need for help with unforseen problems, not the many who are not getting what they paid for from very start.
l reluctantly moved to sky, after hassle with both tt and plusnet, with extra,s not being any cheaper for far worse service, and despite what l,m told by reps on leaving, my speed is faster, with no start up fee, or phone connection charges, nor have l been on their mbs, or phoned them, they actually put a notice on screen two nights ago advicing me my net was down and to check router with diagram on how to, l unplugged and plugged back in, and service back.
My reason for wanting to speak to plusnet is they took 25pound out of my bank for start up fee and router on lst may, l never received a router nor did they switch me over, so think my 25 should be refunded, but despite numerous emails, a letter, managing to get through to one phone rep a week ago and spending l5min giving him id, etc, he tells me he cant help need another dept, so here l am again trying to get through, guess some would have given up and wrote off money,as many do with isp, being sick of the time and stress getting whats due to them, be it service or refunds.

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I always ring before 8 in the morning or after 8 at night and always been answered within 10 minutes - normally much shorter than that but of course it does depend on who you wish to speak too as what time you need to call.
louialive
Grafter

Quote from: twitchy14

My reason for wanting to speak to plusnet is they took 25pound out of my bank for start up fee and router on lst may, l never received a router nor did they switch me over, so think my 25 should be refunded, but despite numerous emails, a letter, managing to get through to one phone rep a week ago and spending l5min giving him id, etc, he tells me he cant help need another dept, so here l am again trying to get through, guess some would have given up and wrote off money,as many do with isp, being sick of the time and stress getting whats due to them, be it service or refunds.

I had similar problem with PN taking payment for FTTC that is not even installed yet. But they are being so kind they will refund the difference when I get FTTC installed. What a disgrace
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@twitchy14
How did they take the £25? Did you give them your card number or was it by Direct Debit? I suspect the former, which means you do need to get them to make the refund. The Router would not have been dispatched until a few days before you were due to be connected. There should be a clear record of the fact that it wasn't dispatched. But what happened, why weren't you connected?
Quite clearly one of the Plusnet Reps here need to pick this up and resolve it for you.
chrcoluk
Grafter

Quote from: Mattz0r
IT's a national ISP, with 100,000's of customers... It's to be expected that you'll have a wait on the phone.
You have to appreciate that calling an internet provider, is quite different to calling other call centers such as banks and utility services.
All you need to do is have a little patience. It's a free telephone number (from landline) and a mobile friendly contact number for contracts/payg, most phones have loud speaker, so it's not like you have to hold the phone to your ear the whole time.

its not free. my time is worth money.
God
Grafter

When I have had to call sky on behalf of other folks it hasn't been a problem with a long wait to get the call answered it has been a problem with the long wait to get a sensible answer after the call has been answered.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

It's not surprising there are long waits on the phone to reach support if too many people place orders then change their mind and call back to cancel.
Empirical
Grafter

Quote from: Mattz0r

Why is it different? Do banks and utility companies not have 100,000s of customers?
I worked for a utility company for 6 months with 7 MILLION customers (~2.3 million households). They **** their pants if the call wait time exceeded 2 mins. Every manager in the place was ordered to on line.
Plusnet are quite good overall, but their call response times are poor, and even they admit they are not acceptable.