cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone fault (Was: Re: Plus net don't care for long standing customers)

Pentris
Dabbler

Phone fault (Was: Re: Plus net don't care for long standing customers)

After 5 years of impeccable customer service I now have a disaster on my hands. A phone fault report of one way transmission on 50% of calls was reported 26 days ago. Plusnet have sent 3 Openreach engineers that found the local line and customers equipment works perfectly. However the faults team refuse to escalate to BT Wholesale as it is a network service fault. Even BT Wholesale rand me on a faulty line but said Plusnet have to issue the fault report. I cannot get escalation past level 2 at Plusnet as they refuse to progress the fault demanding I have another Openreach engineer to again say no fault in local line. What can I do to get some sense into the fault reporting line. Telephone lines are virtually impossible to get a reply. Chat line I think goes to non technical people and I have already related my story to about 10 different people. I am in despair.
adie:green changed topic title.
2 REPLIES 2
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Phone fault (Was: Re: Plus net don't care for long standing customers)

mod:note
post split into its own topic for better visibility.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Phone fault (Was: Re: Plus net don't care for long standing customers)

Hi Pentris,
I'm sorry to hear about the recent fault.
When tests identify issues with the actual copper line we have to report then to Openreach, escalating such issues with Wholesale wouldn't result in the issue being resolved.
I understand your frustration at the time this has taken and at the assertion of Openreach engineers advising they can't help. However there is an issue we need their help with and I can see that we've instructed them to carry out detailed checks on the local network, they also have the results of our line tests to hand which demonstrate the fault.
We should have an update early next week for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team