cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone billing problem

williamlees

Re: Phone billing problem

I should have kept quiet - my phone has been cut off again - I get the credit limit message again now.
Apparently even if I add credit it will take 48 hours to get the line working again, and right now I have no faith in PN to give me a refund if I give them more cash, so I will live without an outgoing line.
The support person I talked to just now said there are 3000 people in this position. I hope PN are working around the clock to sort things out.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: williamlees
The support person I talked to just now said there are 3000 people in this position. I hope PN are working around the clock to sort things out.

Yes we are although it's worthwhile considering that only a small percentage of those will have artificially exceeded their credit limits and had call barring applied. If I'm completely honest I'm not 100% sure the call barring implications surrounding this particular problem have been fully considered. Our priority to begin with was to stop billing/call processing and refund those who had actually been invoiced for the duplicate calls.
I'll raise this with the developers who have been looking into the problem.
I'll also take a look at your account later today if I get the chance to see if there's anything I can do to help...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

williamlees

Bob
Thanks for your help - and as you might have gathered from the thread, if I'm honest I'm not convinced that the problem that stoneyard and I have had is directly related to the duplicate calls issue as currently stated - we don't see duplicated calls on our itemised statement, we just see a total that is significantly higher than the total of the itemised calls. So maybe this is a different issue, or maybe it will open up another aspect to the duplicated calls issue.
regards
William
williamlees

So far there's been no visible progress in resolving my issues this week. There haven't been any updates on the call logging issue either - despite the Friday announcement saying that a further update woul dbe provided on Monday.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: williamlees
So maybe this is a different issue, or maybe it will open up another aspect to the duplicated calls issue

We've a separate problem open about the inflated call summary charges (ref: 58054) although initial investigation would suggest that the people affected by this are also affected by the duplicated calls problem (ref: 58009).
I see what you mean about the absence of any calls with the same timestamp on your account and I've raised this with the developer whose working on the problem fixes.
I looked into the email notification issue you raised too but I can see a copy of this notice sitting in your Plusnet mailbox? Anyway, I've added some notes to one of your open tickets if you want to have a read through the next time you're online?
Really sorry about the continued problems Sad

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

williamlees

Many thanks for the response to this, which is much appreciated.
With respect to the mail notification, there are two mails titled "Home Phone credit limit reached" dated 1st Sept and I think 3rd Sept, but you won't find any warning emails saying that the limit was about to be reached. According to the notes on the ticket, warnings were sent on 25/08/09 03:52 & 23/08/09 02:26 but they didn't arrive (I haven't deleted any mails from that plusnet mailbox, I never use it).
I'll copy this to the ticket also. Hope it helps.
regards
William