cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone and Fibre install scheduled for today

Anonymous
Not applicable

Phone and Fibre install scheduled for today

I was expecting a simultaneous phone and fibre install today but the openreach engineer that turned up today only turned up to set up the phone. I logged a ticket with cs and was told that there has been a cock up with my order so I'll have to wait for another appointment for the fibre. Disappointed with my move to plusnet so far  :(.
25 REPLIES 25
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Phone and Fibre install scheduled for today

Hi there,
Really sorry about that - from what I can see our suppliers cancelled the broadband portion of the order on the 29th with no reason given other than 'an issue was encountered during fulfilment'. You weren't contacted as we didn't get the notice when they did that, again not sure why but I am sorry.
I'll get someone from our provisioning team to sort this for you and get you an update on when the broadband will go live.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Matt. How long will it take to get an appointment for the fibre? I Hope it won't be another 2 weeks  :(.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We certainly hope the same! Unfortunately it's a matter of waiting for our suppliers to update the phone records, as soon as that's done we'll be able to place the order and get you the appointment.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know there's still the possibility of the engineer running late but my fibre install was scheduled for today between 8-1pm. No one has turned up yet :(.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Really sorry to hear that, I've one of our provisioning agents chasing this up for you now. You should hear back shortly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was told by CH from the plusnet twitter team that the engineer was running late but he didn't turn up anyway. Is there anything you guys can do for me to get this fibre sorted? I don't want to book another day off work only for the openreach guy not to turn up. I've orded fibre at least a month ago now.
superdv

Hi Spammeh3  Apparently you do have rights if engineers don't turn up when they should - see
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
On reading posts on this forum I am getting increasingly concerned about our order - placed more than 2 weeks ago but yet to get any coherent information out of PlusNet as to when we can expect installation.  Think we may just cancel
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

@Spammeh3
We've continued to chase this, we currently have an appointment booked for the 24th July which as I mentioned we have challenged this in order to try and get an earlier date. Our provisioning team will be in-touch to update you.
@superdv
I can see that we have an appointment booked for the 22nd July 8am-1pm.
Let me know how you get on.
superdv

Thanks, Chris but I do have to say that the only way that I have been told that an engineer will be calling is by raising a ticket to ask when & then just being given a date & approx time - no asking if this is OK . Only a bald statement saying I had better be in or you will charge £50.  When signing up, I was asked for 3 dates/times which would be convenient - these were given but they were for the 9th & 10th July no alternative dates have been sought or given.  As it happens I can be here at the time but I do think it's very high handed particularly as you have failed to install in the promised time  ... and failed to keep me informed - only when I raise a ticket.  But - provided that the installation goes ahead as planned, I am prepared to sit it out.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I can see that we added to your ticket(71298729) on the 1st July stating that there had been an issue that prevented us placing an order and which meant we missed the original dates you chose while this was remedied.
Everything is on track and if it was to change we would update you prior to the install.
Is the date we've provided any good for you? We can change this if needed.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 24th will have to do I suppose as I don't seem to have any other choices - it'll be another day I'll have to take off work. Although CS seems great in terms of response times and telephone manner I'm still 6 weeks without internet so in terms of getting things done plusnet seem to do a very poor job when it counts. 
superdv

Sorry - I seem to have hijacked this post.... 
I just want to say that the engineer has just left having installed everything, so - fingers crossed!
He arrived on time & even rang to let us know when he would be coming & warning us that he's  have to go to the green box first & so we'd lose internet for a short time.
So - just to say - credit where credit's due, when the switchover happened, it went very smoothly.  It was just a shame that initially Plusnet didn't keep us informed. 
Good luck Spammeh - hope it goes as well for you on 24th
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Spammeh3
Sorry we've not been able to arrange anything sooner but please keep us posted and let us know if you need any further support beyond the 24th.
@superdv
Thanks for your posts and your feedback, I'm sorry if you feel that we've not communicated this very well, I'll be pushing back into the business about your experience.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys I really hope this gets sorted today  :-[.