cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone+Broadband deal c*ck-up or conjuring trick?

DKP
Dabbler

Phone+Broadband deal c*ck-up or conjuring trick?

I've been a PlusNet user for 10 years for broadband.
On 21st May I phoned the PlusNet Sales line in pursuit of the then advertised deal comprising:
* phone+unlimited broadband
* 18 month contract
* 9.99 for broadband, free for first 12 months
* 12-month upfront line rental paid (£155.88 paid)
* anytime + caller display (£5.99 a month)
I went though the list very clearly, agreed to accept, and made a verbal contract.
The landline transfer went though on 5/62015, BUT
* PlusNet account settings still thinks that I'm on the old Broadband Value tarrif (£7.99 a month) AND
* Caller Display is broken.
A case of "Goods Not As Described" under the Sale of Goods Act.
Complaints tickets have been sitting there for 5 days now, unanswered.
Humph. Unimpressed!
Will lay the tracks out for 8 weeks loggerheads and CISAS escalation.
17 REPLIES 17
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Phone+Broadband deal c*ck-up or conjuring trick?

caller display is extra and is not included in the basic tariff
the broadband change will happen on the next billing date
DKP
Dabbler

Thanks for replying.
Two points:
I'm paying the £0.99 for Caller Display already. (Hence £5.99= £5 "anytime" calls + caller display £0.99).
There's  no clear information about when/if the broadband account is changing. I've had no confirmation at all that the broadband deal is in progress when I've looked through PlusNets emails.
That would stop me wasting my time complaining and PlusNet chasing up the misunderstanding.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

When is your billing date?  I believe that account changes take place on your next billing date rather than immediately.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

If you look here is it shown as being active https://portal.plus.net/plustalk/index.php?page=wlr_add_call_features
DKP
Dabbler

Thanks again for the reply (much better than the glacial "My Questions" route of slow death)
Nope, Caller Display isn't working. No material equipment change at my end.
BT Caller Display worked until 5/6/2015 and not now. What has changed, I ask?
Moving to PlusNet!
My next bill is due 19th June.
I am surprised at the lack of information surrounding broadband switchover.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

From my own experience, it's not too unusual for caller display to be 'accidentally' deactivated when moving telephone providers (sometimes it shows as active but isn't).
Plusnet should be able to fix that easily (I think they have to switch it off and on again).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
DKP
Dabbler

My landline and broadband are still broadly working, so I should count my blessings from what could have been a switchover apocalypse!
This forum is great and thanks for the progress / information on resolving my issues.
(Why is My Questions so lifeless... they could put a "we have read your question and are investigating" status at least. It looks as if everything is being ignored)
Oldjim
Resting Legend

the turnaround for complaints as opposed to normal tickets is specified as 7 days I believe
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: DKP
(Why is My Questions so lifeless... they could put a "we have read your question and are investigating" status at least. It looks as if everything is being ignored)

Possibly to discourage people from using it?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
DKP
Dabbler

Somehow, in the labyrinth of web-links, I always ended up at the Raise a Complaint link to get in touch with the company because I am complaining about something being seemingly wrong.
I don't know what a "Normal Ticket" is. Normal to those who use them every day and know what Normal means in PlusNetland.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

"normal" is the ticket route they have hidden away  Crazy - see my sig for how to get there
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Quote from: DKP
A case of "Goods Not As Described" under the Sale of Goods Act.

Hi,
For what is worth, you have not bought goods, rather a service, so SOGA does not apply.
As others have said, the CLI option has being reported as being a bit problematical - I cannot tell if this is a PN system issue or one of the dozens of issues with BT Wholesales order system.
As for Jim's reference to "tickets" and see the link in my sig - its the "Help Assistant" link in his sig or "PlusNet Tickets" in my sig..

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DKP
Dabbler

Thanks for the "normal" link!
The sweeping moral spirit of SOGA79 does apply in that if you buy something (service/product), it should be as described, even if it is not  valid here on an technicality.
An articulate, clear moral argument should always trump vexatious legalistic sophistry in law.
I suppose that is what CISAS/OFCOM ultimately enforce and is where I shall ultimately go with a case file. I hope that it does not get that far.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

The caller display should be up and running in the next hour or so.
I'm looking into the account of side things now
[EDIT]
Everything should be sorted now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team