cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pensioner has no food as Plusnet keep his money

samuria
Grafter

Pensioner has no food as Plusnet keep his money

In March my self and the sister in law who lives a few feet away from me both changed our products and we received the emails
Dear Mr Wright,
Your product change is now complete, here are the details:
This is your account type and monthly subscription. Broadband Product Plusnet Premium
Monthly Subscription £15.99
After 3 month(s) your subscription will change to £19.99

Dear Miss Grey,
This is your account type and monthly subscription. Broadband Product Plusnet Premium
Monthly Subscription £11.99
After 3 month(s) your subscription will change to £11.99
Both on the same exchange and product. i raised a ticket and they agreed we are both on the same exchange and I should be paying £11.99 less referrals
I march they  charged me £16.49 it should have been £11.99 less referels of £3.50 which is £8.00 they owe me
No refunds were done
this month you charged £17.74 and it should be £11.99 less referel of £2.25 which again is
£8.00 overcharged
That is now £16 Plus net owe me this may not be very much to some people but as a pensioner its 2 days supply of food. If I dont pay plus net they will shut off my BB but if you keep my money I have to go without food. I get no response  from the ticket 32720210.
I am now on adsl2+ and my ip profile is 6000 my lowest connection speeds are
In the day I connect at over 8 meg but my line is knocked at night by the street light next to the post so shouldnt I get a higher than 6000 profile?
6 REPLIES 6
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Pensioner has no food as Plusnet keep his money

Hi Samuria,
It looks like you were moved onto the correct market on the 29th March, unfortunately just after the billing script ran however that does mean you'll get charged the correct amount on the 29th April.
As regards the refunds, you have a £1 domain on the account so you should actually be paying £12.99 a month less your referrals discount. As such I've refunded you the £14 that we owe, and I'm very sorry it's taken 2 months for us to arrange this.
Now, the line profile... unfortunately you're still on a 6000 profile on the BT side of things so moving you to a higher one on our side won't make any difference. I can confirm that it's not down to a banded profile either. Perhaps the daily disconnection you're getting is preventing the DLM equipment from upping the profile as it doesn't think the line is stable enough.
samuria
Grafter

My account summery is showing £15.99 a month today shouldnt it be £11.99 plus domain £12.99?

My line stats at the moment are
Connection Status    Connected
Us Rate (Kbps)   928
Ds Rate (Kbps)   8000
US Margin   7
DS Margin   4
Trained Modulation   GDMT

I have to connect with gdmt if I connect as asdl2+ it only connects ate 6595 with a upload of 6
If I changed it to adsl2+ would the speed increase and is there a speed limit on gdmt?
My line is very stable but the pole is a few feet from a street light and it only drop the line when the light comes on then its fine again.
The problem seems to be with the ds margin as asdl2+ wont connect at less than 6 were gdmt connects at 2 and is very stable
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The base price of Premium in market 3 exchanges is £15.99 so that's what it should say for your account, the £11.99 for the first 3 months is dealt with via discounts hence the summary still showing the higher price.
I have to connect with gdmt if I connect as asdl2+ it only connects ate 6595 with a upload of 6

Which router are you currently using? It may be that it's not fully compatible with ADSL2+.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Which router are you using?
It may be that DMT can be used to knock the noise margin back to something sensible - it works for me on ADSL2+

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

samuria
Grafter

I refer you to the email to  the sister
Dear Miss Grey,
Monthly Subscription £11.99
After 3 month(s) your subscription will change to £11.99
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Samuria,
The email content there is open as a problem that we're looking at - however the terms and conditions, and the prices advised during signup or the upgrade process are the binding ones. This was addressed recently in the Breach of Contract thread.