cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pathetic speeds during the eveing once again.

Addnan
Grafter

Pathetic speeds during the eveing once again.

Angry

Pretty much since Cristmas day the speeds have been unbarable.
Router stats.
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 7360 kbps 448 kbps
Line Attenuation 28.0 db 15.5 db
Noise Margin 10.0 db 23 db
My Plusnet Profile is at 6000.
I don't know why the BT speedtester is even reporting that high speeds.
Download speedachieved during the test was - 1583 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :7360 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 6000 Kbps
If it was actually that fast I would be able to atleast browse the web.
I know the staff at plusnet will just blame my exchange and the fact that plusnet is ADSL and not LLU. This is still no excuse for getting that horrible speeds. I have friends and family that live a long way away form the POPLAR exchange, but still get around 5mb during the evening and I live quite close to my exchange compared to them. I am just trying to play one match of World at War and it lags very badly. I can barely even get onto this website to post this. This problem was not always there, but as soon as I moved to Unlimited the speeds went down the crapper. I did ask on this forum that I was getting really slow speeds during the evening many times, but all I got was your "exchange is full" or "we'll look into it".  
Everytime I come and say that my speeds are [Censored], a week later the speeds go up a little and as soon as that thread dies the speeds goes [Censored] again.
Before I moved to PN I read that you guys were one of the best for gaming, but possibly my biggest mistake and now have to wait almost a year so I don't have to pay the stupid amount of money required to leave. I know that I am going to get the same answer in this thread as in every other thread. Your going to tell me to try changing stuff in my router and the obvious thing is that my exchange is broken. Is there nothing that can be done? Is my only option to move on. Angry
44 REPLIES 44
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Pathetic speeds during the eveing once again.

You have just said that magic word POPLAR exchange, I am sorry to say it has a very bad reputation, and it contention records have been red for over a year.  Again sorry, but the best advise is leave PlusNet and go LLU with if possible O2 
Addnan
Grafter

Thank you, I will leave as soon as my 12 months are up if nothing is done. My uncle who moved to PN is getting better speeds than he got with Be LLU at the same exchange which seems odd.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

That is strange
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: Addnan
My uncle who moved to PN is getting better speeds than he got with Be LLU at the same exchange.

...but not on the same wires between exchange and router.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Unless he moved house it will be the exact same wires, except for the tie pair in the exchange.  Wink
Addnan
Grafter

I don't know if I should even wait 12 months now. Sky have just phoned and said that they will send us a letter with a good broadband deal. I am assuming it will be £10 unlimited Upto 20mb (8 for me), the same that my neighbour got offered.
Addnan
Grafter

Just called o2 and they said that more LLU spaces available from 14th jan. Hopefully it's not too much hassle getting a MAC code from here.
How do I go about canceling Plusnet? Can I have the Sheffield no. please.
Addnan
Grafter

Today is the perfect example of why I am leaving. I can't find a match online, can't buffer iplayer or sky player. Gonna get my Mac on mondayband hopefully leave by the end of this month. I hope you guys don't hate me for it, I'm leaving because of an exchange problem.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Accepted
Dali
Dabbler

Fair do's mate, lifes too short to live without a decent connection. Hope things work out for you.
Addnan
Grafter

Why can't I call them on a weekend to get a MAC code Angry
Gonna have to make time somehow on Monday. How long does it take for MAC codes to generate?, because I will need it on 14th (Which just happens to be my bday lol) because knowing my exchange the LLU spaces will probably last a day or two.
One more question. Should I go with o2 or go back to Sky? Which one is better? I didn't leave Sky before because they were bad, it was because they were out of LLU's so couldn't put me on 8mb.
Dali
Dabbler

Only go to O2 if they guarantee you LLU, their Access is a farce I've had faster dial up. Can't say I know anything about SKY 'cept that they quoted me a scandalous price for my estimated usage. Good luck.
Addnan
Grafter

How does the cancellation work? Do I pay the £70 as soon as I ask for the MAC code? Or is the money only taken if I switch?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Have you checked which gateway you are on?
I hope it's not this one!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)