Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panicking after all the reviews

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Panicking after all the reviews

Hi Brako,
Great to see that the router has arrived, fingers crossed that all goes well with the install. Let us know if you've got any questions we can help with.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Brako
Dabbler

One question I do have.
If BT don't turn up tomorrow, how long will my current net connection with VM last?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I've checked the appointment and from what I can see everything s fine so a engineer should attend.
In theory if the engineer does not go out you still should have your connection with Virgin unless they are closing their side today as well.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Brako
If BT don't turn up tomorrow, how long will my current net connection with VM last?

You need to direct that at VM: ask them to confirm that they will not disable your account until they either receive confirmation from OpenReach that you have migrated away or you notify them (whichever is the earlier). It's totally outside of Plusnet's control.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Brako
Dabbler

All up and running  Cheesy
Very quick onsite work from the engineer. He actually worked on the box outside before making contact. Cam in, whipped on the wall socket-type-thingymejig, and he was off within about 7 minutes.
Hooked up the router but after 15 minutes contacted Plusnet over the phone. Lot quicker waiting times than last week and Ryan at Plusnet activated everything. Did a speed test and was very happy. Just downloaded a 1.44mb Xbox LIVE demo through wireless and very happy.
Despite my initial concerns (which were of my own fault for getting trapped with the scarries) I couldn't have asked for better service all round. Very well done Plusnet and a big thank you to the Plusnet staff who visit here as well as the general community.
Here is my only tip.
When I couldn't connect I did not know this was because it had to be activated over at Plusnet. In the router box, no phone numbers are provided in the box. Luckily I saved the welcome letter from Plusnet which had the customer service number on it. I think this number should be provided with the router or modem just on the off chance.
Have a great weekend everyone. Hope it doesn't go quicker than my fantabulous new internet speeds... EH *Elbows* EH*wink-wink* £5000 discount for a**ekissing consumer happiness... EH *winky elbow*
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Smiley
Welcome to the wonderful world of fibre! Thanks for the positive feedback about the engineer and great to see your speeds are good.
It's good feedback on the contact number too, I'll make sure we pass this on.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I'll close my ticket then!
Really glad to hear that you're up and running Smiley
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21