Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN you are losing it and giving its not our fault excuses

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

PN you are losing it and giving its not our fault excuses

The current state of gateway issues and lack of bandwidth/load balancing after you started Unlimited accounts again in December last year.  Ok I went and upgraded to unlimited like most, it was cheaper for one and not having to worrying about monthly caps is nice.
But when wireshark captures/ping traces don't show problems but slow speeds depending on which gateway we are on do, did you really think it through bringing back unlimited?  As it stands, its a lottery if peek time online anything is now pointless due to congested gateways.
You have stated some of it is down to hardware faults that are out of your control, I smell porkies here and think its over subscription so not enough bandwidth for everyone.  So come clean time, you have done this in the past and are doing it again.  Stop making the CSA's tell porkies and get a suit to give us a honest answer.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
4 REPLIES 4
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: PN you are losing it and giving its not our fault excuses

The graphing I (and Dave) use to determine how much bandwidth we are consuming show that we have loads of capacity available right now.  That doesn't mean we don't have something suffering which we haven't spotted, but from a pov of buying bandwidth from BT, there is no issue there.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
AndyH
Grafter

@ kelly - do you have access to see how BT's 21CN network is coping? BT going unlimited in early Feb seems to have coincided with more people posting in the Peak Time Spikes thread.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone else looked in BT broadband forums for recent high latency problems ?
Oh look, this looks familiar  Crazy
http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/BT-Infinity-Very-poor-latency-during-peak-times-what-can-I-do...
AndyH
Grafter

@ purleigh - longer thread going on here http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/CAN-ANYTHING-BE-DONE-ABOUT-CONGESTION/td-p/752162
I guess the problem could be the congestion BT's end before the connections get into PN's network, which is why no bandwidth issue is being seen by PN.