Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN mobile

FIXED
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

PN mobile

while i appreciate that PN advertise their mobile service , to me its everywhere Sad  its like being forced to view the adverts ,

while on the member center i think the adverts should be removed , while i was checking something with my home  phone it has a link for Mobile ? Why ? when at top of page the link is there for all to see

top of page ! its says MOBILE account ! Capture.PNGBut on the Home Phone page , there is a unnecessary  link to mobiles

phone.PNG

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
5 REPLIES 5
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: PN mobile

When we launched Mobile there was some concern about customers trying to change things to do with their mobile account on our member center when that is a completely seperate system. For example, you can't manage your mobile bills on our member center and our call packages do not apply to the mobile product offering.

So we put these warning signs in some areas of the member center (and Help) to direct customers to the correct places. As far as I am aware this decision came from call data and also web analytics data. With enough people being confused about the difference between Home Phone and Mobile, we have to cater for some of those users that need a little bit more guidance. We may remove the blue banners in the future but for now they are there to help a certain subset of users.

Edit: maybe what you are asking for is the option to hide these banners? That is certainly something we can look into....

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

@jaread83 yes the blue banners are not needed , also the advert for mobiles on member center pages
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I don't make the decisions about marketing materials and ads within the member center so I don't think I can get those removed but you are free to use an ad blocker in your browser to hide such things manually.

I can certainly look into the possibility of hiding the blue banners directing users to the mobile pages as some may see them (as evidenced here) as not needed. Would probably be a cookie based action that would remember.. I'd also be interested to know how many users would click to hide it after taking in the initial message.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

@jaread83 Thanks Thumbs_Up 

as for the £5 sim offer advert yes it can be hidden with the add blocker , but i still think it should be passed to the marketing people , if you on the member center you already know the PN do mobiles without it being on every page Cool_smiley

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix
No worries, I have raised an internal task and referenced this topic as a point of discussion. I am all for giving our users the ability to tailor their experience if they can.