cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN My Circular portal service breaking down

LastRoMan
Grafter

PN My Circular portal service breaking down

For some years now - yes years! PN have had a problem with My Circular not allowing its suggested scripts to run to enable Subscribe and Unsubscribe on customers web sites, hosted by its own server. This fault is giiven the status of 'low priority.'  I have a work-round which is long winded.
On 1st January I used the My Circular to send an update to my membership but although on site the messages appeared to have been sent in fact they had not. I raised a ticket with PN who responded:
"Thanks for contacting us regarding this. We currently have an open problem with the My Circular tool, reference 59546, though as this is classed as a low priority problem I'ma fraid that we don't have any set resolution time."

Given the second part of their answer, I do not think the first part is sincere; they probably thought 'oh, no! Here we go again.' and 'we don't have any set resolution time' means we have no intention of ever fixing our broken tool which is supposedly still available for use on our portal.
If I had been told that PN was removing the My Circular facility until further notice I would know not to waste my time trying to use a crippled product. Even were they to tell users of the service that it would be withdrawn in x weeks it would be better than trying to use a service which at best is slow and incomplete.
I have been using it since 2003 and when it worked properly was a first class tool. The year shows that I have been loyal to PN and even now do not wish to change my ISP.
My moan is that PN tell me that they are aware of a fault/s, yet have I believe absolutely no intention of fixing it but continue to advertise it as a service. This sends out a very poor message - it suggests that either PN are under resourced or they simply don't care. Further it begs the question 'what else is breaking down?' PN clearly are prepared to market the total product. Cry Very sad indeed!
I have a work-around for PN - perhaps they could put a note/ asterisk next to services that are broken to warn the user or potential user of that service.