cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over-charged, overwrought and unable to contact Plusnet for a better deal

Bookman
Grafter

Over-charged, overwrought and unable to contact Plusnet for a better deal

I've been with Plusnet for 8 years but have now been let down badly. By comparison with friends I'm being charged far too much. I'm on `Plusnet Value' non-fibre but find that friends are getting unlimited 38MB fibre for a lot less than I pay for my slow broadband (we've only recently got fibre here), and Anytime calls for about half the price I pay. When I finally managed to get a quote from Plusnet in the Help Assitant for a 38MB fibre deal it was £20.49 a month. My friends pay less than half that amount.
I've been trying to phone the Plusnet Customer Options team for days now to ask for a better deal but never can get through. I tried different times of day but no success. I tried `Online Chat' but it just directs me to use the same phone line.
Plusnet used to be great but now I'll probably have to leave the company after 8 years simply because they won't let me communicate with them and give them a chance to retain me as a loyal customer. I wonder whether anyone at Plusnet can get Customer Options to phone me this morning and sort it out?
Peter
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Over-charged, overwrought and unable to contact Plusnet for a better deal

From the numbers you have quoted it would appear that you are in a Market A area (used to be Market 1)  as shown here http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/ - If it says that you are in Market B then the Plusnet system hasn't been updated
Regarding anytime calls and line rental the prices from Plusnet are comparable or even a bit cheaper than the main opposition
To call customer options the number in my sig (select I am thinking of leaving) should be much faster
Note that it is only Plusnet who have the Market A/B differenftiation
Bookman
Grafter

Jim, I don't know what Market A, B, 1 etc mean and when I put my phone number into your link the page doesn't tell me anything I can understand. I'm in a Somerset village and other locals have fibre connections. I put my phone number into the appropriate BT web page and it told me fibre was enabled and guaranteed a potential minimum of about 58Mbps.
I have friends who are getting Anytime calls with TalkTalk for £3.75/m. Line rental is about 70p more than PN.
The customer options number in your sig is the one I've been using, without success.
Thanks for your reply,
Peter
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been able to get through.
Your in a Market A area so that is why the price you've been quoted is higher then what other pay.
The wait for our COT team is only 2 minutes at the moment so if you could call us now you shouldn't be waiting too long.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Regarding TalkTalk
https://sales.talktalk.co.uk/product/broadband/fibre-broadband?product=sbbfibre
LIMITED OFFER! 18 months £3.75 a month Anytime UK Calls (usually £7.50 a month).

But if you can get TalkTalk you aren't in Market A (or shouldn't be)
Regarding Matt's post - unless you select "I am thinking of leaving " you will get the normal queue
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Bookman
Grafter

Thanks everyone for your help. I saw Matthew's comment about phoning now and the wait time is only 2 minutes so I did so and it turned out to be correct, I got through to Dan in Customer Options. I've agreed unlimited fibre, 40Mbps for 18 months at £8.50, with the same line rental and Anytime calls as at present. A pity that Plusnet can't offer the cheaper Anytime rate but I'm happy with the big boost in the fibre side of the deal. A good discussion with Dan, clear and precise, and I'm staying with Plusnet.
Thanks all,
Peter
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Glad to hear Dan got you sorted Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team