cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over 2 hour wait to speak to adviser and still no one answers?!!

Ding

Over 2 hour wait to speak to adviser and still no one answers?!!

I was waiting on the phone for over 2 HOURS the other night trying to report a fault and still NOBODY answered my call. By that time it was after 10pm so I just gave up and hung up
I've never had to wait that long phoning any call centre before. It's simply unacceptable
worse, they make you listen to songs like 'Is this the way to Amarillo' on a continuous loop as if to make you even more annoyed!
between the atrocious customer service and recurring faults,... sorry plusnet, when my contract is up, I'm out (and I've been a customer for over 10 years)
3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: Over 2 hour wait to speak to adviser and still no one answers?!!

Hi Ding,
A warm welcome to the forums.  What was the nature of your enquiry - is it anything that community members might be able to assist with?  The Chat service can be helpful for some issues, but not others.
Wait times on the phones can be quite unacceptable at times - its a consequence of supplier problems in the face of giving away internet services - more customer demand that the system can cope with.  Seems to be the way with so many ISPs at the moment, fighting tooth and nail for market share on a cheap as chips offer.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Ding

I've been without internet or phone access for nearly a week now because there's a fault (seems to happen with increasing regularity these days)
There's no real choice but to phone customer support when that happens. But waiting for 2 hours and still not getting to speak to anyone is just appalling. Even phoning at 'off peak' times, I still never get through to someone in under 45 minutes. I'm sure it never used to be that bad
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Hi Ding,
No it never used to be this bad, but with the volume of new business coming from the give away offers, provisioning issues, BTOR failures and faults the phone lines are swamped!
You can report both broadband and phone faults from any connection using the links in my sig.  They will stil take around 72 hours to be processed, but at least you'll have the ball rolling.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.