cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order placed on hold and no one contacted me.

rprimrose
Hooked

Order placed on hold and no one contacted me.

Hello Everyone,

I want to start by saying that I have been a Plusnet customer for many years and have always received great customer service. After my recent house move and new broadband order my opinion of the company and order process has been tainted. 

I placed an order for unlimited fibre extra on the 23nd of July and the date I have been given for my broadband to go live is the 10th of August. This wasnt without its problems. Five days after placing the order and seeing that the money had been removed from my account I noticed that the router hadnt arrived and that I had no further contact from plusnet I called them to see what was going on. As it turned out my order had been placed on hold. I am disappointed that anyone failed to contact me regarding this and that during my phone call the order was restarted immediately. This has pushed the whole process back. I require internet for my job and the delay has caused me all sorts of problems.

Issues I had with this are:

• Why no one contacted me to let me know about the delay. How long would it have been before they contacted me?
  • Being told that I was lucky/fortunate the order had been put on hold.
  • Online chat team using 'smileys :)' at the end of messages (unprofessional and I was clearly in no mood) 
  • The length of time to complete the order (18 days) and still no guarantees

9 REPLIES 9
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: Order placed on hold and no one contacted me.

out of interest, are you paying for the business package? as you said you needed it for your job.
rprimrose
Hooked

Hi @chenks76 

Ive not ordered the business package no. My job requires me to work from home on occasion but the main use for the internet is home and personal.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear that.

I'm just getting this looked into.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
rprimrose
Hooked

Hi @MatthewWheeler

Did you get anywhere with this? I appreciate your help on the matter!

Regards

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I should have a update shortly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
rprimrose
Hooked

@MatthewWheeler

Still no update on this?

I will be lodging a complaint with Ofcom later today to see what advice they can give me regarding my recent experience with the order process.

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

and ofcom will simply tell you that you must exhaust fully the complaints process with the ISP before you can go to ofcom. have you done that?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We updated your ticket on Friday?

You should have received a e-mail notification.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
rprimrose
Hooked

All I received was a completion date and that my question had been closed. No answers as to what went wrong. Ive been left feeling a bit worthless after all this. The online complaints process is a joke, I was 16th in the queue and left waiting for nearly an hour before I gave up. 

I presume the idea behind the long winded contact process is in the hope that customers just give up