cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order placed 3 weeks ago, still nothing!

mwasj

Order placed 3 weeks ago, still nothing!

Hi
My order was placed on the 1st July 2015. It has since been stuck at the "Activating your line" stage.
After 3 phone calls, 1 online chat & a total of 135 mins wait time to speak with a human being, I am given the same excuses each time.
- We will contact you shortly to book an engineer visit to activate your broadband.
- Your order is being processed and you will be contacted within the next day or two.
- Your order was stuck in an autoamted system and I have now enabled it progress further. Surely not a great automated system is it? Given the number of recent complaints.
The plan was to place the order a number of weeks prior to our house move, to make sure our broadband is fully functional the day we move in. This now looks very unlikely, we are moving the rest of our stuff this weekend and the order has not progressed one bit since it was placed. I rely on my broadband connection for my work outside of office hours and it now looks like I'm going to have to look into alternative means such as tethering to be able to do my work. This will likely result in additional charges from my network provider for exceeding my data allowance. All of this is a result of failed communication from your side & incredibly bad customer service.
I don't take the pleasure in complaining about things. I also understand that things happen and delays can be expected during busier periods.
However, what's really appalling though, is the lack of communication from your side regarding an order that has either been failed or stuck. Do you even review these from time to time?
I really can't see how the other review sites give you a higher rating than BT, yes they are more expensive but I've never had such problems with them.
This begs a question, if you can't even process an order properly, what happens later when a fault develops and a "real" problem needs to be fixed?
I wish I read this forum & the feedback from various users before making the decision to go with plusnet as our new ISP for our new apartment...
5 REPLIES 5
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Order placed 3 weeks ago, still nothing!

Hi mwasj, welcome to the forums!
I'm really sorry for the lack of communication throughout your order journey.
For what it's worth, having looked over the account I believe the initial delays were caused by a cease on the line, however that's no excuse for the poor communication and lack of explanation for this  Undecided
Your fibre order is now in place and the earliest available appointment has been requested.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
mwasj

Thank you for your help Harry.
Like I said, I hate complaining about things  in general and I understand delays can happen for many different reasons.
The whole process could have been handled in a much more positive and graceful way had this been communicated to me earlier.
Once again, thank you.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Thanks for your understanding, I do hope it all goes better for you moving forward!
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Hi mwasj,
A warm welcome to the forums.  Sadly your highly logical (and sensible) approach to your home move is systematically foiled by BT's procedural constraints that no orders can be placed on a line which has a pending service cease order.  In situations such as yours, once the outgoing resident has instructed their present supplier to cease service, nothing can be started until the day after the cease.  Yes it is barking mad.  Ofcom need to be lobbied to get this practice changed.
If possible when moving home, it is far better if arrangements can be made with the outgoing subscriber to agree to a takeover of a working service that to walk the cease and reconnect route.
I hope your are soon settled in your new home.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Looks like your order is booked in for the 28th. Are you ok to let us know how you get on?
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet