cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order complete but installation did not happen: is this a joke?

Interceptor121
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Order complete but installation did not happen: is this a joke?

On Friday an engineer was booked in to install the fiber modem
He called at 1540 saying he was going to be 10-15 minutes and never turned up
I called the customer service and they said an appointment would have been re-booked once they had the report back
Now I have looked into the account and it says order is complete and broadband is working
Except I have no modem and no connection working!!!
I understand BT may be a mess but this is a joke Cry
16 REPLIES 16
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Order complete but installation did not happen: is this a joke?

I think it is an automated response generated after your scheduled installation date, but it should not have been sent regardless.
PN will need to rebook an engineer appointment for the fibre install. You can claim compensation for the failed appointment - http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
Interceptor121
Aspiring Pro

I logged a call on the web as I could not get through on the phone
My ticket is still open but now I have some BT circuit number being changed
Looks like all the work was done at exchange and cabinet but the engineer did not turn up with the fiber modem
Plusnet still has not been in touch this is not good start
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The compensation for a missed appointment is £45: http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/updates/briefings/generalbriefings/generalbriefingsarticles/gen...
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, looks like we've got another appointment booked in for the morning of the 15th (this Wednesday), hope that's alright? Please let us know if anything needs rearranging, and really sorry about the previous appt being missed.
Interceptor121
Aspiring Pro

it is not alright at all. I have just been on the phone and been advised that there can be a gap of 5 days between phone and broadband. This was never mentioned and the installation always happened on the same date in the past when I was with O2, AOL and SKY. If I knew there was going to be a gap I would have not switched.
We work from home and today my wife had to go into her London office as we have not adequate bandwidth for her to work. Ticket cost is over £20 per day she has to go in. In addition I had to use data on my mobile over the weekend that also incurs charges
I want this resolved today as all is needed is the fiber modem to be dropped there is already a DSL faceplate at the property.
I am going to look for compensation for all the mobile phone bills plus train tickets between now and when the line is up and running and add them on top of the £45 for the missed appointment
I look forward to a prompt resolution
By the way nobody bothered called me about the new appointment and I had to find out myself calling in the customer service
dick:quote
Interceptor121
Aspiring Pro

I am still waiting for the call back from customer service after chasing my ticket open since Sunday 10 AM
It is now 48 hours and nobody has bothered actually doing anything different then following the script
And i thought Sky were bad!!!
IngeJones
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

[me=IngeJones]tops up her mobile dongle ready for her own installation...[/me]
cnvieira

Hi Interceptor,
I think i know your feelings.
Please read my story, that i ve just posted.
Briefly, i ve ordered my internet service on the 26th
of November and still no signs of internet connection
around here..and any phone call, or what so ever.
This is the worst ever service i ve seen in my life!
Thats why someone created the blog ihateplusnet with
lots of ex-customers...
God save us!
Good luck!
Interceptor121
Aspiring Pro

In your case you did not have a phone line so I would have definitely gone with BT for at least one contract year or whatever it is.
Failing that get a mobile solution
In my case things are straightforward I already have a working phone and I had working internet with Sky, I also have a virgin media cable outside my property that I decided not to take upon as I do not want to drill holes and also you can't distribute cable in the house
I also already have a DSL faceplate, I had installed to squeeze the max speed out of the poor broadband speed I had ( 6 mbits )
So all was needed after the work at the exchange is someone to give me the damn modem as I have my own router and actually I know a bit about networks
What sends me absolutely crazy is that I call in matters are escalated but then I do not receive any call back or anything not even anymore text messages with the 2nd appointment date
I just took my wife to the station, this joke is going to cost plus net
£45 for the missed appointment (this comes from BT so I am sure they are not bothered)
£37 for refunded train fares (this assuming things are sorted out tomorrow)
Basically plusnet is already making a loss on my account
They should have created better expectations really their communication is poor and the process flawed sadly
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Interceptor121,
Really sorry about how that's happened. Unfortunately we weren't able to do anything to bring the appointment forward, though will make sure you're not charged for any time it's not been installed - I can see you've raised a ticket querying compensation, we'll be happy to look at this once the issues have been resolved.
Once again, sorry for how this has been and I hope everything gets installed for you tomorrow.
Interceptor121
Aspiring Pro

Matt
Thanks for your attention to my issues
I hope the BT engineer turns up tomorrow with the modem so that he can plug it in and leave as the line is obviously ready
I have now raised a formal complain because I am dissatisfied on how I have been managed a customer. If expectations would have been set better we would have been able to carry on working from home untio the installation instead of my wife having to catch a train everyday
Interceptor121
Aspiring Pro

So the openreach engineer turned up at 830 and the installation was complete in one hour
Lovely guy did a thorough job and was very tidy
He told me that it was rude of the guy who did not turn up as caught in an accident as he had the number and should have called
He also said it was certainly a contractor they come from the north and stay in hotel and friday afternoon jobs are risky...
Anyway am up and running and getting 40 mbit download and 9 upload instead of the estimated 50.7/14 maybe the line will settle as the opereach guy tested straight at the socket and this is all it is coming through at the moment
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Can you run the diagnostic second phase of the BT speed test and post the results please.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Interceptor121
Aspiring Pro

Download Speed 39.06
Upload Speed 8.84
Ping 24.13
Download speedachieved during the test was - 37.8 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 32.14 Mbps-40.18 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 40.18 Mbps
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 8.77Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps