cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openreach and poor communication for 4 months! I've had enough.

gnatbutt

Openreach and poor communication for 4 months! I've had enough.

Hi,
I moved on July 17th, had an engineer come out that day to install my line,turned out that there was no line available to my flat from the exchange so a new one would be needed to be laid. After nearly 4 months of phone calls and messages on my ticket I am no nearer to having a line connected or knowing exactly what is going on.
I complained the other day and it has been totally ignored. I was even told to download plusnet assist which helps to diagnose connection problems! Whoever copied and pasted the customer service details didn't even bother to check what they were doing.
After god knows how many years with Plusnet and always shouting about how great they are I could not be more disappointed with their service since this has happened.
I can't even find a copy of the terms and conditions for my contract on the website so that I can see how to get out if it!
Don't get me wrong I know that Openreach can be slow and have a reputation but this is unacceptable and I have had enough.
dick:green Attachment moved to a place visible to PN staff.
2 REPLIES 2
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Openreach and poor communication for 4 months! I've had enough.

Posting personal details as you have in the attachment is very unwise! I suggest you remove it pronto!
https://portal.plus.net/info2/legal/index.html is the link you need for the T&C's
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Openreach and poor communication for 4 months! I've had enough.

Quote from: gnatbutt
I moved on July 17th, had an engineer come out that day to install my line,turned out that there was no line available to my flat from the exchange so a new one would be needed to be laid. After nearly 4 months of phone calls and messages on my ticket I am no nearer to having a line connected or knowing exactly what is going on.

BT use that one quite often round here, they told a huge bunch of people who needed the internet for the first time they couldn't get it because of a lack of lines, the dumb shits didn't even realise that they were standing underneath them, all the properties had a phone line, 6 weeks later a different engineer came out (one that actually worked for BT instead of Kelly's) and bingo they no problems in the end the guy looked up the complete job list and worked until 2 am connecting everyone up to a line card ....of course in his tiredness he overloaded all the line cards but that's another story /
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you