Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Billing

FIXED
DRG
Hooked

Online Billing

Whats the point of having "Online Billing" when the link to the bill is always an empty page?

Whats the point of a "Contact Us" if all you get is already answered questions on a Forum in which the problem is NOT fixed as so many people still have the same problem?

I may be old fashioned, but i really do not want to air my problems in public, so how about some innovative cistomer service and actually provide whats promised?

A bug free website that actually lets you see your bill and a way to actually send an email or contact customer service without waiting for hours for someone to bother picking up a phone?

Tell me, are the awards that Plusnet have won in the field of "How to [-Censored-] people off?"

I really dont wantthe hassle of moving my account, but if you cant get something as basic as allowing people to see their bills on an online account, there really isnt much option left, is there?

Regards

D

9 REPLIES 9
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Online Billing

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from My Account/Billing to Plusnet Feedback.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

DRG
Hooked

I dont see how this is not about Billing, although I agree that it is ALSO feedback.

All i want to do is SEE MY BILL, whats so hard?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Welcome to the forums, @DRG .

To take your points in order

(1) The on-line bill page does take a while to load, but it does -eventually.

(2) The same problem appears many times even after an individual user reports theirs fixed as (a) the problem may not be identical - there are a multitude of issues that may give rise to similar problems (b) from my experience on this and my previous ISPs forum, some people are reluctant to do any research before asking for help - easier, maybe, but not always quicker.

(3) Unless your problem is account specific, in which case the agent will raise a 'ticket' on your account which only you can see, the resulting discussion could help others.

(4) Some, but not all, ISPs have an email route for help, but as email is not 100% guaranteed, you could end up waiting a long time for a reply to one that fails to reach its destination.

(5) Unfortunately, no organisation serving a large customer base can ever have enough call centre staff to provide instant replies and if you call when they are busy, you have to wait.

John
DRG
Hooked

Thanks for the welcome jab1, and I appreciate your comments.

The problem is not loading the page. The page does finish loading and all thats there is a video and a blank page with no icons, bill, button or anything else on it. See the screenshot...

I've seen staff answer the same problem to others by emailing them a pdf of their bill.  However thats not really a fix.

The forum has basically been a "last shot" before i leave and complain to OFFCOM.

This is not new.

David

jab1
Legend

OK, I see what you mean and have very occasionally experienced it myself. If I remember correctly but it's a while since I've had to do it, clicking the 'Billing' tab again seemed to fix it.

Out of curiosity, is this after a wait of less than say 10 seconds, or is it longer?

Complaining to OFCOM will be a waste of time and effort, by the way - they are a bit of a toothless tiger and don't (AFAIK) have a remit to answer individual complaints.

John
DRG
Hooked

Hi John,

Tried that many times, brings me to the same blank page.

It usually takes less than 10 seconds to finish loading the page, however occasionally it can take much longer. I assume this may be because the server or ISP is busy at those times.

No matter how long it takes though... same blank page,

What would really P me off is if it's something as simple as a browser setting or piece of software i'm missing and they havent bothered telling me what this is.

Wonder what the legal position is of taking monies without supplying the bill in a readable format...

Everyone has to provide statements at least annually these days, and i'm getting sod all.

David

jab1
Legend

Fix

David

OK. In that case, you could have one of the very occasional accounts affected by a bug, or it could be a browser/cookie issue - difficult to say.

Before I try and see if I can possibly find someone with more knowledge, a couple of questions: what browser are you using, and have you altered it from the default settings at all? What OS?

John
DRG
Hooked

Hi John,

Many thanks.

I was using Firefox, and have previously tried Chrome and got a similar result.

However a recent Windows 10 update installed Edge, without asking me if i wanted it first, so i thought "why not".

All the bills are there in Microsoft Edge, with same cookie and internet settings as the other Browsers.

So, Plusnet's site must not fully support Firefox or Chrome, which is surprising as Firefox more than twice as popular as Edge and 3x as popular as IE in Europe... 

And Chrome is by far the most popular browser in the UK, so i wonder if that time I tried it was a real glitch?

Whatever, I can now access my bills and thank you once again.

Kind Regards and Keep Safe

David

jab1
Legend

@DRG 

Glad you got it fixed.

I'm very surprised you had a problem with Firefox - that is my default browser and works perfectly. I assume yours is the current 77.0.1 version, because somewhere in the  dim and distant past 😉, I remember there was a bit of a FF/PN conflict.

Good job you fixed it the easy way - I'm still using W7 and preparing to move to a Linux-based OS as I just can't get on with W10, so would have had problems.

John