cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On the verge of upgrading to fibre but....

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: On the verge of upgrading to fibre but....

And this link explains in more detail why.

An FTTC line has an open profile for 2 days, but after that, the line always trains - it's kind of how DLM works.
http://community.plus.net/library/browsing/fttc-dlm-what-it-is-how-it-works/

Just a pity that front line staff keep perpetuating the 10 day myth for fibre.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Alan,

To be a total pedant (!) if one looks at post #5 on that topic - from the guru on this subject ( @Pettitto ) - the first 2 days is an Open Profile thereafter the DLM 'trains' all of the time.

Ooops - posted direct from the bottom of page 2 ... not seeing Maurice's similar comment at the top of page 3!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I apologise for the previous staff response, the stabilisation period on fibre is typically around 2 days.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Dhansak
Grafter

Hi All

A final update! There have been no problems since installation - all in all a very positive experience; thanks to all concerned.

There are only 3 things I would change:

1) The really poorly phrased "your product change has been completed" mail. As has been noted by many others - it is very misleading. Don't know why they don't just change the contents of the mail!

2)Send a notification of when the change is scheduled for - I found out about 12 hours in advance by chance when talking to a CSA about something else

3)Notification of the completed change appears as a mail saying "Your upload speed has been changed".  Not the clearest indication here.

As I said - it's all been good; it's just the communication that needs to be tweaked and my experience would have been 100% positive.

However I am not complaining about 99% Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Happy to hear your experience was smooth, apologies it wasn't perfect.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll be sure to pass this upwards.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

As there is a set up fee for moving from ADSL to fibre (although sometimes waived in offers) is there an "un-setup fee" for a customer, either within or out of contract, who decides that they would like to revert to ADSL? 

TonyMC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 3

Hi, There is no set up fee to change from ADSL to Fibre, also if your on Fibre and want to downgrade to ADSL there is no Downgrade fee either.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@TonyMC,

Can you please clarify the above statement?

All of the product promotion pages reference activation fees for fibre.  Do they only apply to new customers who presently have no broadband or have ADSL?

That is your statement that "there no set-up fees" applies only to existing customers upgrading?

TonyMC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 3

Hi, to clarify, if you are already on ADSL or Fibre and wish to either upgrade to the faster Fibre service or downgrade from the faster Fibre service to the slower ADSL service then we do not charge a fee for this, yes there would be contractual changes and a new pricing structure for the new service but no Fee to change, The only Fee would be an activation fee if your a new customer or possibly a cessation fee if you totally cancel your services but for up and downgrading there is no Fee or charge.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It's worth noting that if you're in a fibre contract, and would like to downgrade to ADSL then early termination charges will be applicable. You can upgrade from within an ADSL contract to Fibre with no penalty.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet