cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October Price Increase....PlusNet are no longer competitive

charlesb224
Dabbler

Re: October Price Increase....PlusNet are no longer competitive

Well, I can say that my 30 months with PlusNet were good, I will not complain about PlusNet's service, but I have decided to switch
This is my 2nd longest stint with an ISP, the longest being Virgin from 2004 - 2010
I would still have been with Virgin except for a service outage - whereupon they fell on their sword when I had a problem with the cable from their box to my house which went bad, and rather than get a longstanding customer up and running quickly - it took 2 weeks to diagnose and would have been at least 4 weeks before a new cable was pulled through.  For someone who is 90% homeworker, that was not good -  they tried to throw money at me as compensation.. but they didn't get the point that the service was a requirement, and so I walked and put up with atrocious speed ADSL (I was 8 miles from the nearest exchange) with TalkTalk, who were actually pretty good from a service perspective and I was not expecting much from them due to the distance from the exchange.
going from 10Mbit to 0.5Mbit was horrible, but I had no choice, I needed a connection, which they got me within a week.
I then moved house, thought I'd make a fresh start and based on PRICE and reviews, I went with PlusNet.
Now - I'm afraid to say I've been swayed with a switch to TalkTalk.  My order went in this morning and it's bye bye Plusnet, hello TT on an 18month contract, 6 months half price + £24 TOPCASHBACK, with the added bonus of IPTV with a free Youview box.  All for £2/ month less than PlusNet.  It was a difficult decision on which package, I almost went with Fibre, but I think I'll see how it goes first!
Lets see what the next 18 months bring, hopefully PlusNet will sort themselves out and at least match TT from a Price and Service offering perspective, I may be back....  you never know!
peter10
Grafter

On the Talktalk web site it seems to be claiming that their Simply Broadband is £140 cheaper than PN unlimited in the first year for new customers. (when you click on see how we compare). When I had a closer look it seems a little biased in quoting their Simply Broadband at £2-50 and PN unlimited at £12-49 (is this without phone?). It then goes on to add line rental into final price. I know TT are cheaper but is it really by so much?
charlesb224
Dabbler

Well, I should have waited a couple of days - I got £24 cashback for my order - if you switch now - it's £90 cashback, for the next 5 days only.....  At this price, crazy not to.
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/talk-talk/