cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now migrated but unable to get any reply from Customer Options!!

jmd
Grafter

Now migrated but unable to get any reply from Customer Options!!

Right, now migrated today so was told last week by someone at Customer Options that I needed to ring today to ask to keep basic email account with my present email address and it would cost me £1.69 per month.
So have been trying to get through since 9am and keep getting - all our operators are busy.
Can someone at PN please please look at this and assist?
also please deal with refund as phone line no longer on your phone rental/calls.
7 REPLIES 7
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Now migrated but unable to get any reply from Customer Options!!

let me take a look for you...
Edit: Sorry about the long waits for our Customer Options Team, they're having a really busy day today with some staff members off sick. You'll need a Mail account if you want to use SMTP authentication. If you're happy to use your new ISP's outgoing mail server then you can get away with a downgrade to a Pay As You Go account which is free. Your phone component sits on the account for 14 days to ensure any call charges are correctly allocated and your billing will all be done automatically after that. Now that you've migrated away you can call our Customer Services Line on 0845 140 0200 with any further queries.
jmd
Grafter

Thank you for that information Ben.  I was told to ask for the Just Mail account as it would protect my email name [which is a domain].  Have been trying again to get through to discuss with Customer Service or Options and it is constantly busy.  Have also asked on ticket and no response.
Also, due to the fact I am hard of hearing I find it difficult to work out which option button I am supposed to press on the phone - someone wants to make the "speaker" much clearer!
jmd
Grafter

Oh, have just managed to get through to Customer Services and explained what I required. Informed that will be able to keep email address on the free pay as you go account and that the refund will come through to my bank shortly.  Again due to my hearing I hope that this is what was agreed as the young lady I spoke to unfortunately was not very easy to understand/hear.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've refunded the over-paid broadband subscription (£4) and downgraded your account. Your telephone charges will be sorted out automatically over the next 14 days.
jmd
Grafter

Thanks Ben!

If it don't work out with sky I'll be back as in the many years I have been with Force9 then Plusnet I have been happy - just cutting down on expenditure makes me move!

[well, as always the Forum works better than tickets!]
jmd
Grafter

Had email today  to say that the phone is now terminated and I will receive a bill for charges - not sure why as I was on a Anytime package and also had paid credit.  So hoping that I get a refund not a bill!
But yesterday was also informed that have refund for broadband.
So will see what I get back?  and how long it takes.....................
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

As previously advised, we leave the component on for 14 days and then sort the billing afterwards. This is totally separate to your broadband billing which I sorted manually.