cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure if i'm doing the right thing moving my telephone and broadband to PN.

devdyer26
Dabbler

Not sure if i'm doing the right thing moving my telephone and broadband to PN.

I placed on order with PN on Sunday the 22nd for new phone line and broadband, i was told then that a customer service advisor will give me a call within 48/72 hrs with a date when bt will be activating my line. i still haven't had a call yet Saturday 28th nov, rang them few times they told me  load a crap about bt haven’t given them a date as yet. initially i was going with sky to get my phone and broadband as i just got sky tv but they made a mess with the order for my new phone line by order a transfer for my cable number when i requested a new number, hence they had was to cancel the order and told me it will take 2 months for the cancellation to be cleared from there system before they can reorder it . why i mentioned that is because sky got me a date from bt within 48hrs from the day of placing my order. why is it taking PN a year.
Is it a bad idea going with PN and start of problems? i was recommended to them but things not going well so far.  
9 REPLIES 9
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Not sure if i'm doing the right thing moving my telephone and broadband to PN.

I dont think that PN can work on a cable for phone or broadband, did you make it clear to them you were on cable?
where is your year from?  28-22 is 6 days
As Sky have got there fingers in the pie, that can take from experience about a month to get anywhere.
Mark
Grafter

Re: Not sure if i'm doing the right thing moving my telephone and broadband to PN.

Hi there
Is that all our support centre said "BT havent given us a date yet" ? Have they confirmed the order is placed? Have they said anything about the order being in survey or a lack of copper pair or any sort of reason for the delay?
What information is given via the ticket system?
Unfortunately I cant check this for you just now as I'm at home and dont have my VPN fob with me but it certainly seems a bit odd that this is the only info we've provided to date.
I'm also a bit confused about the year comment. If I'm reading you post correctly you have said you placed the order on 22nd which I assumed was 22 Nov. If I'm missing something please let me know.
Mark
devdyer26
Dabbler

Mark
the ticket state my order was placed on sunday 22nd nov for my new line and i will get a call with in 48/72 hrs to comfirm a date for the activation of my bt line.
the advisors i spoke to told me they are still waiting on bt, which to me seems a joke it's taking bt 6 days to comfirm a date , i've been given no other info
what i stated about a year i'm just been sarcastic there.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  Poll locked because I can't even understand the options ]
Mand
Grafter

I can't get into the order gateway at the moment, but it looks like the order for the line was rejected, and subsequently resubmitted, but BT Openreach cannot meet the appointment we requested.
I'll make sure this is checked and confirmed for you first thing Monday.
devdyer26
Dabbler

Mand
After carefully looking through the ticket although it stated that the order was placed for my new phone line on 22nd Nov, it seems it wasn't done until i rang you guys on 25 Nov after not receiving the call as promised. To be fear the notes on the ticket is so confusing and not clear to me the customer.
I think my order wasn't looked after properly in the first place, but you know the funny thing is i place my order on 22nd Nov and you guys charged my credit card by 23rd Nov.
I just want to make this clear if i don't receive a comfirm for when my line will be activated by afternoon of Monday 30th Nov, i will be cancelling the order.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I can see Matt / Orbrey has been replying to you on your alternate thread, hopefully he's restored your faith in us.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,81423.msg666138.html#msg666138
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
devdyer26
Dabbler

Chris
Well for now my faith is restored on a parttime basis until the 11th of Dec and thereafter when the service is up and running.
jacksmummy
Grafter

just a little word of warning to u. I hope things get done for u but dont count on it.! i am leaving plusnet as nothing but faults and CS issues (especially the south africa support) . only joined in july on back of a recommendation..... what a mistake i made.! just be wary .  Lips_are_sealed
"I think plusnet should look at the REAL reasons behind why i am leaving this company instead of trying to bully me because i no longer wish to be with you !
believe me as soon as i find a service that suits me I am gone.!
i only hope the thousands of others that have been at the receiving end of a terrible experience follow suit !! "