cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not happy at response of first ticket in a long time.

Tideclock
Grafter

Not happy at response of first ticket in a long time.

This is the first time I have had to call or raise a ticket in a very long time.
Support in the past was relatively speedy and issues resolved quickly, for me anyway.
My broadband has been down since yesterday morning. I raised a ticket and assumed the support would be as good as it was in the past and the issue would be fixed quickly. How wrong can one be 😞
How can testing my line for 24hrs be of any benefit to anyone! The DSL connection is down. You could wait 24, 48 72 hours and test all you like but it wont help the situation.
No further response on the ticket so I decided to call support. The upshot is that its been escalated and I have to wait another 72hrs for any further response!!! BT wholesale blah blah response. No empathy at all from the support agent.
What kind of support is that. Certainly not the support I received from Plusnet in the past.
Looks like myself and my kids will have no internet before Christmas.
If the company I work for had similar standards as Plusnet support we wouldnt have any customers left (Yes we are in the IT support business).

Such a shame to see Plusnet support has changed so much for the worse.
5 REPLIES 5
Tideclock
Grafter

Re: Not happy at response of first ticket in a long time.

Not long after I posted this it has sprung into life again.
Coincidence?Huh
As in my original post, I still feel support from Plusnet isn't as good as it was a few years back, well communication at least has been lacking ths time round.
Case closed
Thanks
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Tideclock,
I'm glad it's working, and apologies your call wasn't as it should have been. We'll make sure to feed back for you.
gswindale
Grafter

Quote from: Tideclock
The upshot is that its been escalated and I have to wait another 72hrs for any further response!!!

Well would you rather they said you'll get a response in 4 hours and not get anything or be told you'll get a response within 72 hours and get your service working within that time frame.
In cases where further investigation is required; it is always sensible to over-estimate the time to resolve rather than under-estimate and be left with irate customers (although in some instances both approaches seem to result in that for some unknown reason!).
Where I work; whenever we log a call with our IT provider; we get an email with a timescale for resolution.  Most of the time issues are resolved in well under that timescale; however occasionally there are issues identified and we are advised accordingly.
Tideclock
Grafter

Well actually Geoff some form of communication from my original ticket would have been nice.
In the past service from plusnet was far faster at resolving similar issues (my own experience), and also communication on the phone or online ticket was better back in the day, hence my frustration over the now closed issue.
I work in the IT service industry and key to any job is keeping the customer informed.
Thanks to whoever found and fixed the fault
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry to read about the issues you've had with support.
and key to any job is keeping the customer informed.

I agree whole heartedly and I'm sorry if we've not met that expectation. I will make sure I thank the agents that dealt with your fault ticket in the end though.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team