cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not happy and leaving :(

cartman
Grafter

Re: Not happy and leaving :(

Obvious there is a fault on the line  "read"  four engineers etc etc and the 135k profile should have gave you a clue  Tongue
I know the fault will follow me  Cry and answering the phone dropped the connection, engineers dont seem to have a clue.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Yes cartman although You never described your fault In much detail, I presume you have tried a different router and filter and even been plugged In the test socket behind the master socket ( bottom half )?
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
tony8436
Grafter

I know lots of people who have left PN and gone to TT and have never looked back.  Also, if you go to TT forums, they will say how much better TT is than other ISP's, just like the PN supporters here.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Swings and roundabouts.
cartman
Grafter

I am willing to get on that roundabout, it mat cost me in the end if I fall off but at this moment i  have nothing to lose  Crazy
Steve
Seasoned Pro

OK cartman sorry for trying to help and goodluck.
Epyon
Grafter

I went from talktalk to PN due to the crippling p2p speeds
the service was actually fine though.
cartman
Grafter

OK @ Steve M  bye bye
tony8436
Grafter

Enjoy your faster speed, better service and lower price.  Just wish there was an LLU service where I live.  You are making the right move though.  Don't forget to ask about the essentials package.  I am with TT for phone and they are the best provider I have been with, (the other UK based being BT who were terrible).  A few family members who can get TT LLU have not had any problems with them. Now go and get a good service, after being with PN, you deserve it.
cajef
Grafter

Quote from: tony8436
Also TT extra is only £3.49 + line rental.  Cheaper and faster than PN.  Go for it.  You will get a better service, faster response times to faults, a faster speed and more reliable ISP for a fraction of the price.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/4652-talktalk-most-complained-about-telecom-provider-in-uk.html
tony8436
Grafter

If you read the info in the link, it does say:-
'They do warn that it should be taken with a pinch of salt as it only covers complaints that users choose to raise with Ofcom. The law of averages suggests though that this should even out across providers and not cause one provider to be more heavily weighted than another'.
Take what you want from that.
tony8436
Grafter

It also states that the majority of the complaints were during a period of migration.  As I'm sure you will realise, these migrations never run smooth.  If PN recieved the most complaints on that poll would you have posted it or kept it to yourself?
David_W
Rising Star

Okay, how about this link which compares PlusNet with TalkTalk on a like for like comparison.
PlusNet absolutely trounces TalkTalk in every category, especially in Customer Service where TT manage around 52%, PlusNet over 70% (sample size is large enough to be considered reliable).  TalkTalk are among the worst ISP's in the country, but if you like them so much, why not switch to their IP stream package?  You'll get exactly the same speeds as you would from PlusNet (same technology) and the customer support you so desire, or is there a reason for you to stick with PlusNet when you can switch to TalkTalk?
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: tony8436
It also states that the majority of the complaints were during a period of migration.  As I'm sure you will realise, these migrations never run smooth.  If PN recieved the most complaints on that poll would you have posted it or kept it to yourself?
Plusnet customers are the most truthful bunch and first to raise things with Plusnet on this forum for all to see, Nothing to hide, Take a look at the first thread In this section as a prime example.
We are all just customers here and give our tuppence worth In the hope It helps others who need It or seek It. Might I add both you and the OP don't seem to want or need It and begs the question why are you still here? And trying to create arguments with other members. Best of luck with that BTW you will go far!!
Edit..If you want a debate about which ISP Is best why not head down to chit-chat with It?
tony8436
Grafter

I am still here to make sure that any potential customers who are thinking of joining PN, don't get the false impresion that everything is perfect.  I want them to know the truth, rather than just listening to PN's biggest fans.  I have been with 3 ISP's in the last 8 years and PN are by far the worst.  I am only still a customer whilst waiting for my satellite broadband to be installed.