cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not happy after moving house!!

pinksheep

Not happy after moving house!!

Really not impressed with plusnet after moving house last month! I moved to a new build so had to pay £49.99 for an engineer to come out and connect the line, which I paid straight away. It then took nearly 5 weeks for my actual engineers appointment to finally be organised for the 5th of October.
My partner took the day off work and waited in all day for the engineer to turn up but no one came! We assumed this was just for the internet as the phone line had already started working on its own! We decided to test the internet and that magically worked too! I phoned plusnet today and asked for my £49.99 back seeing as we waited in for nothing and was told sometimes the engineer can connect it without coming to the house and I cant have my money back as it was still connected by them...but it turns out the job hasn't been finished at the suppliers end and according to them my internet and phone still aren't connected!! So how do I know they even used an engineer and haven't just stolen my money!! grrr soo not impressed!!
Have tried to ask them for my money back but have hit a dead end and as usual have been told i will be contacted within the next 24 hours with an update about whats going on with their system!!
6 REPLIES 6
artificer
Grafter

Re: Not happy after moving house!!

i sympathise about the money.  what are your speeds like?
pinksheep

speeds arent too bad, everything works ok, just feel ripped off! 2MB -2.5MB which is good cos i live in the middle of nowhere
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

I think your on thin ice unless one of the services stop working  Roll_eyes
had already started working on its own!
seen too many SF films  Grin
I think the problem is Openreach who actually do the work and they dont seem to put customer relations at a high priority. They just do the work but dont feel the need to keep the customer informed or show their face.  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi pinksheep,
I'll take a look into this and see if I can find out what happened.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Pinksheep,
After running some checks, it appears that your phone and broadband are now active with us and that an engineer was not necessary to install your phone line after all. I have refunded your installation charge of £49.99.
Jojo Smiley
pinksheep

Thanks for your help  Smiley xxx