cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not connected yet, been triggered. Please reassure me I am doing the right thing by joining PlusNet?

FIXED
DouginWales

Not connected yet, been triggered. Please reassure me I am doing the right thing by joining PlusNet?

Hi, everyone, 

Signed up with plus net as heard good stuff and frankly fed up of paying over the odds to Sky. Sign up process was straight forward, emails explained everything and even a letter confirmation of what I have asked for.

I suspect the line prediction is over-egging what the reality will be, however, I notice now a min guarantee. Will be interesting on where we go with that.

The reason I am here now is I took an 0800 call today from a person claiming to be plusnet, wanted my username and 1st, 3rd from my password before they would talk to me.  

You have subsequently sent me an SMS and you have sent me an email with the information you wanted to tell me over the phone, so I am sure you are trying to be nice and informative.

However, Plusnet, please do not be upset or allow your tone on the call to make it clear you were not happy that I would not provide you with the info. Your annoyance came over clearly on the phone to a new customer, has left me with a, well a ut oh, am I, if this is how they are, am about to make a mistake?

Please tell me I am doing the right thing and Plusnet is a great provider?

PS, come on, techie companies, you need to come up with ways to authenticate yourselves when calling your customers, trust goes two ways! 

2 REPLIES 2
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Not connected yet, been triggered. Please reassure me I am doing the right thing by joining Plus

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to Plusnet feedback

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Not connected yet, been triggered. Please reassure me I am doing the right thing by joining P...

Fix

Thanks for your post @DouginWales 

I'm sorry to see the experience you've had when we called you. There's ways we can identify ourselves, for example the adviser could send you an email before they call or while they're on the call with you. 

I'm going to listen to the call tomorrow (when I've got batteries for my headphones) and I'll make sure feedback is passed on where appropriate. Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet