simoncbevans
Hooked

Noisy telephone line

I have tried contacting Plusnet all sorts of ways about this, eg:

Telephone - 15 minute wait time - unacceptable

Chat line - cannot find it

Email - bounced back

Online FAQs etc - cannot deal with my problem

I do understand why companies want to rely on their website and not have to maintain staff to answer phones or reply to emails, but it is infuriating for users.  All we keep getting are brick walls and the suspicion that someone at head office is continually muttering No Pasaran (look it up).

All I want to do is notify Plusnet of a noisy line.  I have done a quiet line test and it is still noisy.  How on earth do I convey this information?

And here's the real joke: when you log in you get asked if you want to be involved in a customer satisfaction survey.  I guess that is just window dressing to look like you care.  All big business is at it now.  I wonder if responses are even monitored.

I have been reasonably happy with Plusnet up till now but this has made me think about leaving.  The only thing that would stop me is the feeling of "out of the frying pan..."  Thank goodness I don't have my broadband with Plusnet is all I can say.

9 REPLIES 9
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: Noisy telephone line

you can raise a fault ticket via - http://faults.plus.net/

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Not the best link to use for a phone fault, that's this one: https://www.plus.net/my-account/tools/phone-troubleshooter

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
simoncbevans
Hooked

I must be missing something here.  I went to the link you gave.  There are options for a number of things but technical faults doesn't seem to be one of them (see attached).  What now?

Chris
Legend

Don't worry about reporting it anyway, I'm testing your line and will update this post shortly.

Testing hasn't found an obvious problem, I've created a support ticket on your account with the next steps.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
simoncbevans
Hooked

Now that looked much more promising.  But then the attached happened.  Back to trying to contact them by phone (you'll be lucky!).

I think I have decided to switch supplier.  This kind of thing is just too stressful.

simoncbevans
Hooked

Firstly, I am truly grateful that I seem to have at last reached an actual human being.  So thanks for engaging.

I can hear crackling on my line whenever I use it.  Those I phone can hear it.  It is there when I do a quiet line test.  It is a problem that has plagued us on and off over the 22 years we have lived here.  I even know almost for certain where the problem lies (because that is where it has always been found in the past).  I don't think anything much is needed apart from reporting the fault to Openreach.  I cannot do that but Plusnet can.

simoncbevans
Hooked

"Testing hasn't found an obvious fault" you say.  And then I get this (attached).  I mean, you know, come on, right hand, left hand...

Is there a fault or isn't there?  I actually know the answer to that one so the question is rhetorical.  But it matters whether Plusnet believe there is a problem.

I am sorry to appear frustrated but reading forums like these is enlightening in terms of customer relations.  It gives you an idea about whether a company thinks of you as a valued customer or just a mark.  Jury's out right now.

Chris
Legend

Fix

I'm just giving you the information from the line test I ran, no fault was detected. You may want to remove that attachment though as it contains your username and your phone number, this is a public forum.

Thanks for reporting the fault, I can see this is with Openreach now.

simoncbevans
Hooked

Chris 

Thanks for your help.  I do feel grumpy, I admit, but I also appreciate that you have taken time to help.  I am genuinely grateful for that.  And if the matter is now in Openreach's hands, that is good to hear as that is really all I wanted to achieve.  I had just hoped it might take a little less effort!