Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No wonder customers are confused...

pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

No wonder customers are confused...

I've just received a text telling my that you've sent me a router - Somewhat surprised as I'm not expecting one so I've looked at any closed tickets (yes I did manage to find them!)
The relevant ones seem to be:
104778197 - Sending out a returns bag
104923863 - Hardware queued for ordering
231571741 - Order placed for hardware bundle
The latter ticket seems to have generated the "Hi from Plusnet.  Your router is in the post, it'll arrive in a few days" text.  Quite apart from the fact that I haven't got any hardware to return, it really is about time you sorted out the confusing messages that you send.
I know, it will all be sorted out by the new ordering systems yada yada yada  Roll_eyes
3 REPLIES 3
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: No wonder customers are confused...

Really sorry for the confusion here.
For those of you who were lucky enough to be involved in the TV trial, you have had a returns bag sent out for the box. This might have triggered a text saying a router has been sent out, as it's classed as "hardware" on our systems.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Matty,
That's a fine explanation, but the sms message should not say "router" irrespective of what "hardware bundle" is being sent.  This only serves to confuse and make PN look less than professional.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Very amused to find that it seems that PN's systems compound the error by sending out everything as a 'router' but the returns bag I've received also includes 'TR69 Config' Smiley