cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No show from BT - why are the communications so very poor from Plusnet?

plusnetsally

No show from BT - why are the communications so very poor from Plusnet?

I find it inexplicable that Plusnet does not have the ability to get updates direct from BT Openreach as to the status of engineer visits. It seems that if there is a no show from BT in an afternoon slot (1-6pm) as has happened to me today, there is no one for Plusnet to contact at BT to find out what has happened/is happening as Openreach 'closes at 5pm'? I find this completely unacceptable and staggering.
I called BT directly and they said that I had I been a BT customer, they would be able to tell me but I have to rely on updates from Plusnet which they seem unable to give?
Appalling waste of time and cost and travel on my part today, really disappointed by the service and would like a senior manager to respond as hate shooting messengers of well intentioned and polite contact centre agents.
Have others out there managed to get any compensation or recourse from BT or Plusnet in these circumstances? Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: No show from BT - why are the communications so very poor from Plusnet?

Quote from: plusnetsally
I called BT directly and they said that I had I been a BT customer, they would be able to tell me
Could you explain what you mean by BT and BT in that sentence please. There are many parts of the monolith and the part that manages the engineers will NOT communicate directly with domestic users like us.
What numbers did you call and where did you find them?
At least two interpretations occur to me immediately:
1. PN are being treated unequally by parts of BT, which is "against the rules".
2. You only spoke to BT retail which is a consumer-facing business like PlusNet and whoever you spoke to just plain lied.
An interpretation and explanation by a member of PN staff would be interesting.
Nonetheless this is a known deficiency that many of the regulars here think is just plain inexcusable.  Crazy A "progress report" by PN on what they intend to do and when to improve things is long overdue.  Cry
AlexD
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: No show from BT - why are the communications so very poor from Plusnet?

Morning plusnetsally.
I'm really sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced. It is frustrating to hear when an engineer hasn't attended and thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Having looked into this further, I can see that Ticket: 93415434 has been updated regarding the appointment.
When we receive a call to advise the engineer has not attended, we will always try and contact Openreach to chase the engineer and his/her location. The controls who assign engineers etc do close at 5pm and we are unable to reach them after that time. This is the same for any provider needed to contact Openreach controls after 5pm. It's very frustrating for us as well as we want to be able to obtain an update for you.
Please take a look at Ticket: 93415434 and we should be able to re-book the engineer for you.
Many thanks,
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex D
 Plusnet Help Team