Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No router and activation date 22nd July missed

RickK
Grafter

No router and activation date 22nd July missed

Hi PN,
I signed up on the 3rd of July to become a customer, and so far I love the community here. However less can be said for the dispatching team (if they exist).
On the 3rd, I asked for the installation date to be the 22nd, which I find to be plenty of notice considering it is just sending a new router and switching the MAC which I provided during the ordering day.
I was expecting the router to arrive some point last week as most delivery companies do not deliver on Sundays and Saturdays would generally be more expensive so it would seem silly to to do a Saturday delivery.
I call PN on Friday to find out what it going on and the agent whom was great by the way, did confirm the switch date was the 22nd and I explained I did not have the router yet. This was sent that morning, on the friday.
I am sure I paid for the delivery of the router yet it will be holding up the activation of the broadband now?
Could you please look into this for me, as this is not the best start for us with you guys and I had such high hopes.
Regards,
Rick
5 REPLIES 5
jimbof
Grafter

Re: No router and activation date today!

Good luck... I found my router not having arrived was actually the magic "sign" that my order had been cancelled by Openreach and I wouldn't be being activated that day Sad
RickK
Grafter

Oh god, hopefully that won't be the case with me.
Although I am already on a Fibre provider and just switching to PN. So I didn't even need an engineer visit.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@RickK
Hi there,
I've just been looking into this and there's no issues with router dispatch or with Openreach, both are dependent on an order being processed correctly and it does look like there may have been an issue with order placement in your case I'm afraid.
It does appear to be system related and so far doesn't appear to be widespread (in case others are reading and may be concerned)
I've just tried calling for a chat about this but there was no answer so I'll just outline briefly that we'll need to investigate this a little for you and I'll make sure that happens today, the order date may change I'm afraid but we'll do our absolute utmost to make sure its as soon as possible.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
RickK
Grafter

Hi Adam,
Sorry, I did not recognise the number and I am in the office so I did not pick up.
Thank you for picking this up Adam, but I am actually quite shocked by your ticket notes although the honesty is very much appreciated.
If you do have any further information please do let me know, and I will be certain to pick up the call.
RickK
Grafter

Hello Adam,
Sorry that I am posting again. But I have just received an text message that the broadband will be activated next week at midnight, the 30th to be exact.
I requested the migration date for the 22nd so that I do not go any additional days into a new month with my current provider which will now incur me extra costs.
I can't fault the support agent that I spoke to last night so please do give him some praise (won't mention the name due to guidelines) but I hope you understand that due to an error with the backlog that you guys were experiencing I am at a loss.
Is there a department I can contact regarding this? Because just for the BB with my current provider I pay £42 inc VAT a month which means I am paying around £1.40 a day that I continue to use it. (The main reason why I coming to you guys is cause of the decent pricing). And lets not go into the line rental too.
Regards,
Rick K