cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No response to complaint made on 19th May

Ripplyuk
Grafter

No response to complaint made on 19th May

I made a complaint using the online 'my questions' about a multitude of problems that have occurred since I've signed up with Plusnet. No one responded, despite my repeated phone calls. Eventually I got an email saying that they will send a deadlock code for me to escalate it to CISAS if I am not happy. I'd prefer Plusnet to look at it first! And I'm sure CISAS would too.
Last week, after more phone calls, I got another email saying that my service now appears to be working so what do I expect them to do? Seriously!!!!
Since Plusnet's prices are rising next month, I got the email about how I can leave without penalty. I thought I'd ring up and ask about ending my current contract on fibre and rejoining as a new customer on standard broadband. I was told that if I do that, I'll be charged £30 but I can leave and go to another provider for free!  It seems Plusnet don't want customers. With Sky now offering fibre for free, I thought Plusnet would be more competitive.
To add to the hassle, Plusnet are still using my old address, and are telling me that my phone number is 'incorrect'. How does that work when Plusnet provided it? And arranged the house move for my broadband? The router was faulty and the new one was sent to my old address. I rang up (on hold for 40 mins) and explained what had happened. Today, more mail from Plusnet sent to my old address! Good job I know who the current owners are, and they told me about this.
I'm STILL waiting for a response to my complaint. So much for Plusnet's complaints policy.
9 REPLIES 9
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: No response to complaint made on 19th May

You can edit your own contact details (phone numbers, email)  at the member centre here (login needed) but the address details have to be amended by Plusnet. Don't wait all that time in the queue for CSC if you are leaving, speak to Customer Options  0845 140 6002 or 0330 123 9197 or 0800 013 2632. Tell them you are fed up with your complaint not being properly processed, you want your address details correcting now so that mail they keep sending goes to the correct address, and if after the phone call you log into the member centre and it's not showing correctly you will report them to the ICO and you want the deadlock letter referred in the email. Going to CICAS will cost them much, I'm surprised they have said that and can't come to a sensible arrangement on a deal, but there you go.
Ripplyuk
Grafter

Thank you for the reply, Anotherone. I too am surprised that Plusnet told me to go to CISAS, though I've been reading that companies get a certain number of complaints looked at by them for free, so maybe that's why they don't care. I still thought that CISAS expects them to at least try to resolve any complaints. I don't think anyone has even read through mine. I'll ring up and follow your advice. I appreciate the phone numbers and the info about the ICO. I'd never heard of them.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@ Ripplyuk,
Sorry to hear that you have reason to complain.
However I've checked your account and see that no complaint has been raised with us.
This can be done in one of two ways as according to our complaints policy, by letter or via support ticket.
Please follow the steps here if you want to proceed with a complaint: http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/complaints_code_of_practice.shtml
Above all this what we care about here is to make sure any issues are resolved as quickly as possible.
If you can let me know what you need from us in these terms if anything (feel free to PM if you prefer) and I'll go out of my way for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Ripplyuk
Grafter

Thank you for your reply Adam. The complaints are no longer on my account as they were closed late last week. I got fed up and rang up to cancel. The guy I spoke to was great. He read through the complaint and got back to me with a new deal that I was happy with. I still have no idea why no one else from Plusnet was able to do this in all this time, and through my endless phone calls trying to get a response. I'm really baffled about Plusnet telling me they will supply a deadlock code for CISAS when they hadn't even looked at the complaint.
The problem I still have is that my address and phone number are STILL showing as incorrect. I'm so bored with ringing up about it and being told it's now changed. I'd appreciate it if you could help with that Adam, as I've no other option now except to log a concern with the ICO.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Complaints aren't removed once we resolve them.
I'm happy to help with any issues in hand though.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Ripplyuk
Grafter

It wasn't showing up in 'My Questions' but I've found it when I did a date search. It's question number 104328250. It doesn't say 'complaint' as a title, just 'question' but in the first paragraph the guy says that he's logging it as a complaint.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

the guy says that he's logging it as a complaint.

I see the confusion now, our bad so apologies.
When we said
I am logging this as a complaint, if you would like to take this further you can reply to this message to have our complaints department pick this up for you.

That was incorrect, they should have advised you to raise a complaint as I did as we cannot do this on the behalf of a customer.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Ripplyuk
Grafter

Thanks for clearing that up Adam. I can understand it if the guy just made a mistake but I've spoken to countless Plusnet staff on the phone about this and none of them queried it being a complaint. They all said they could 'see' the complaint and someone would get back to me about it. It seems strange that none of them noticed it wasn't logged correctly.
I'd read through Plusnet's complaints policy before raising the complaint and its a bit confusing. It says you can make a complaint using the chat service, by phone, or by raising a ticket, which is what I thought the 'My Questions' were. I did it by phone but was told it would be logged under my questions.
At least now the initial complaint has been sorted out but do I need to raise another complaint to get my address changed? It seems a simple thing to sort out but I'm really tired of making phone calls about it and finding it still isn't changed.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22909&wizard_id=38 will let you raise a complaint in the correct way
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)