cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No resolution from PlusNet

mccarthy15

No resolution from PlusNet

Hi,
I have given up hope that PlusNet will make any attempt to address my concerns over the phone.  Perhaps someone there can read better than they can listen.
A very friendly PlusNet representative advised me on the 2nd June there would be no problem switching my service to a new flat.  A connection timeframe of 10 days did not seem unreasonable.  It is now the 7th of July and after countless hours spent on the phone to PlusNet customer service/technical support I still have no broadband and no home phone, in fact, no dial tone.
Excuse 1:  It was BT’s fault, they didn’t switch the line over.  Someone will call with
                  an update.  No call.
Excuse 2:  It was my fault.  The line has been switched over and is active.  I am either
                plugging the phone into the wrong socket, or my phone is faulty.  Don’t
                worry, someone will call you back to make sure everything is working.  No
                call.
Excuse 3:  PlusNet has definitely connected the line.  They will escalate the fault
                and let me know when a technician can come out to look at it.  But it is
                not PlusNet’s responsibility to fix it, it is up to BT.  No callback.
Excuse 4:  A BT engineer came out to examine the wiring on the outside of the flat.
                  There is nothing wrong.  Have I tried plugging my phone into a different
                  socket?  Someone will call back to book a technician appointment but no
                  guarantees of when this will be, it is BTs responsibility to book a tech, not
                  PlusNets.
Excuse 5:  Still no call.  PlusNet advise they cannot provide a timeframe for when 
                  the issue will be fixed as it is not their fault, it is BT’s fault.
                  I have also been charged for the time I have been offline.  I ask to cancel.
                  I am told it will cost £90 to cancel under the fine print on my contract and
                  that there is nothing I can do.  The problem will be escalated and someone
                  will call back to advise.
And that brings us to today.  This is possibly the worst experience I have ever had with any company.  The customer service has sometimes been friendly, sometimes not.  But regardless of how apologetic someone sounds, telling a customer you cannot provide a timeframe to resolve a complaint and cannot release them from contract is abysmal.  PlusNet is not providing a service and I only hope I can convince others to avoid your company in the future.  I will be telling everyone that will listen.
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: No resolution from PlusNet

mccarthy15,
I'm very sorry to see that we have disappointed you here. We can definitely admit that your expectations have not been set well at all.
Even if we are indirectly responsible for something like your phone or broadband service we should not be deferring blame at all. All these matters will be addressed but I would like to focus on resolving the issue in hand if you will allow me to first.
We definitely could have acted quicker to try and resolve the phone fault here so I will jump on this now for you and get a fault logged with our suppliers and will update you a little later on this afternoon.
Please reply if you want to discuss this in the meantime.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mccarthy15

Thankyou for your reply, it is very much appreciated. 
All I need is for someone to show some commitment to resolving the issue.  A fault ticket SHOULD have already been raised.  If you can check into what is going on and keep me updated it would do wonders to restore my confidence.
I am currently waiting for one of the ever elusive promised calls from PlusNet.  Fingers crossed this actually happens!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
As per when I called, I do apologise for  the delays here but a fault has been raised and as per when I called a visit arranged for Friday between 0800 and 1300.
I'll keep hold of your details as I've taken ownership of the fault now and will make sure that you are kept up to date.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team