Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No proper communication from Plusnet Sun to Tues - broadband fault Q. #83173815

snozboz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

No proper communication from Plusnet Sun to Tues - broadband fault Q. #83173815

Hi there.
My Dad (username burches Q.#83173815) reported a broadband fault through the proper online tool (using his laptop over his mobile phone's 3G and WiFi hotspot capablilties - which I set up for him as a temporary measure, and my internet connection at my house) on Sunday, and has therefore left only one computer plugged in by ethernet to the router and only the router (and one phone) plugged in to one microfilter in the test socket - as requested so Plusnet can perform their tests.  His household has therefore been without internet on most computers, and without useable internet on the one computer that IS connected, and without most phones - for over 3 days.
The only communication from Plusnet has been a template email informing him that Plusnet have asked their supplier to enable interleaving.  Given that interleaving has already been enabled for quite some time, this is confusing, and also makes no reference to the specifics of the fault - and it doesn't say whether my Dad can replace the phone socket faceplate and start using the other computers in the house over WiFi and the other ethernet cabling and hub.
Looking at the recent closed tickets on his account it seems that, perhaps in response to the fault (but who knows?!), his broadband has been transferred on to the 21CN ADSL2+ network.  Therefore I assume that the email about interleaving was sent automatically because interleaving had to be enabled on the new system (it having been enabled previously on the 20CN ADSL1 network).  But how was my Dad to know?  He's not nearly as technically able as I am.
Please would someone from the Digital Care team pick this up, and communicate properly with my Dad about what is happening - and whether and when he can return his phone and computer setup to "normal".  And make sure that the communication is to his mobile phone, as he asked for in the Broadband Fault troubleshooter.  This really should have happened sooner!
Thanks,
Martin
3 REPLIES 3
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: No proper communication from Plusnet Sun to Tues - broadband fault Q. #83173815

Hi snozboz,
I'm really sorry for the delayed response to both this post and the Fault Ticket. We aim to get back to fault tickets within 48-72 hours of it being raised.
I've updated the ticket for you and I've tried to get in touch on the numbers provided on the account but there was no answer. I've left voicemails for the account holder so we can arrange for an engineer to visit to get this issue resolved for you.
snozboz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: No proper communication from Plusnet Sun to Tues - broadband fault Q. #83173815

Thanks for this.
In the mean time, can my Dad put the BT faceplate back (so he has use of his other phones)?  And will he be asked to perform any other tests/procedures?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

No problem.
Yes, that's fine. I would ask though, that the setup is reverted back for the day of the engineers visit or at the very least, ensure that the socket is accessible for the engineer as the engineer will need to their quality checks from the Test Socket.