cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone line, POOR broadband, and Extremely bad customer service

stevemartin620

No phone line, POOR broadband, and Extremely bad customer service

I guess you've read it all before, but like many others I am regretting switching to Plusnet....
I have no phone line - It was working fine for years with BT until the day I switched to Plusnet.
Poor internet connection and very limited range Wi-fi - Again, it was all good with BT until the day I switched to Plusnet.
Unable to contact Plusnet customer services, I have tried twice with my pay-as-you-go mobile (as I have no phone line) - First call cost me £4.00 of my remaining credit, second call cost all of my £5.00 topup - Neither time did I get to speak to anybody.
I will be cancelling as soon as I get my line fixed, I know I am on a new contract but Plusnet have already broken that by not supplying me with the service expected.
I will never recommend Plusnet to anybody.
8 REPLIES 8
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: No phone line, POOR broadband, and Extremely bad customer service

Hi Steve,
Welcome to the forums.  Sad to hear about your experience, whilst I understand your frustration, I'd hold off blaming PN outright until the cause of the failure has been identified.  BTOpenreach (btor) control all of the phone service delivery infrastructure and of recent times that delivery has been deplorable, with the consequence of very high demands on many ISP's call centres.
Have you raised a support ticket through the user portal?  There are proactive things you can do for yourself, such as activate the automatic fault checker (again see the user portal).
The digital care team do not normally frequent these forums through the weekend, so I would not expect this problem to be picked up here enforce Monday morning.  I am sure though that as soon as it is, PN will have he issue resolved promptly.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

stevemartin620

Hi Townman,
Thanks for your reply, I understand what you say about blaming Plusnet outright, however, I cannot blame BT Openreach for the fact that I have wasted £9.00 in mobile calls that were not answered by Plusnet customer services, well that is not strictly true as the call was "answered" by a machine that kept apologising for keeping me on hold until I could talk to a human, that is until my credit ran out. I cannot blame BT Openreach either for the lack of communication regarding my fault that I registered with Plusnet and now seems to have gone 'cold' hoping the problem will "just go away"
I have cancelled my Plusnet Direct Debit in the hope that it will prompt someone to attempt to contact me to rectify the problem and I will report a phone line fault every day until it is resolved.
As it stands my experience with Plusnet is not a happy one at the moment.
I blame Plusnet because they are not delivering the service they said they would deliver. I pay Plusnet for the service, not for the blame to be passed on to BT, surely there is something wrong with the arrangement if Plusnet advertise a service that relies on another company to deliver.
Very frustrating
Steve
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Have you made sure that you are calling the cheapest number? There's both 0345 (local rate) and 0800 numbers available. On a non-contract mobile the 0345 number might be the better one to use.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: stevemartin620
surely there is something wrong with the arrangement if Plusnet advertise a service that relies on another company to deliver.
Very frustrating

Steve,
Aside from cable based suppliers, all ISPs and CPs are reliant on another company (BTOR) for the last mile of copper / aluminium wire to the premises.  I agree that is deeply frustrating and the consequences for the front line suppliers is chronic.
You mention a direct debit - did you also supply credit card details for the initial payments?  If not, then the order will not have Ben been placed until the DD mandate has been set up / confirmed with your bank.  That can take 10 days.  I am sure that a ember of the DCT will get this sorted on Monday for you.
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Steve,
Really sorry it's not working. Unfortunately our supplier's systems are undergoing maintenance so it's unlikely we'll get an update today or tomorrow for you but as above we'll certainly get it picked up and chased first thing Monday. In the mean time I'd advise against raising a new fault ticket every day, you can only have 3 tickets open on your account at once and it distracts from the actual problem that's already being dealt with by ticket. I realise it's your choice of course, just wanted to advise.
We'll get this sorted for you as soon as we can.
stevemartin620

To 'jelv',      Thanks for the tip regarding the best number to use, I will try that after I have braved the elements to top up my mobile.
To Townman,    Yes, I supplied my Credit Card details when I signed up, a Direct Debit was also set up with my bank from which a payment is due out in the next few days, this is to pay for line rental and 24/7 telephone calls, something I have not been receiving, therefore I have cancelled the direct debit so Plusnet will have to contact me to find out why and they will have to ammend any charges to take into account my lack of service. I feel this is easier than trying to get a refund after having the Direct Debit taken out automatically.
To Matt,    Thanks, advise taken and noted Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm glad to see the fault ticket was picked up on Saturday morning. In case you're not aware an update has been added to ticket 77302144 about the cabling work that needs to be done.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
stevemartin620

Well Adam, the cabling work was done by BT some 5 or 6 weeks ago, I remember the disruption caused in the town. My phone line worked during and after this work, I reitterate, My phone line problems only started after I switched to Plusnet. Still I am being kept in the dark and I am seriously getting fucked off with the whole situation. If you at Plusnet cannot get this sorted then please send me a MAC code so I can switch to a company that can.