cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet for 7 days!!

mandy
Dabbler

No internet for 7 days!!

I've been unable to use the internet since 10/12/09, I replaced all acbles and splitters before finally phoning customer services the next day. This raised ticket number 31165363; after various tests and a visit by BT, the only site I can get up is a BT test page.
I've been with plusnet 5 years but now I've had enough, 7 days is utterly ridiculous. I've had to buy a £29 mobile plug-in to get online!!
I am bitterly disppointed and now looking for another provider.
30 REPLIES 30
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: No internet for 7 days!!

Hi Mandy,
Sorry to hear of your problems.
I've just ran a quick line test and it's showing that you may still have a test username entered in your router, this is why you can't see anything other than the BT test site.
You need to log in to your router and change the connection username and password to your details, they should be username@plusdsl.net along with your account password.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mandy
Dabbler

No - the info desplayed is all as it should be.
Just to be certain, I've unplugged then plugged back in and performed a factory reset - didn't have to re-entered the information though, it was still all there?
The message I'm getting when trying to fix the connection  is  "tried to connect to www.microsoft.com using DNS the server responded that the name was unknown"
mandy
Dabbler

Day 8 and still no joy;
BTW I found that the Vodafone plug-in I've bought is not bad at all
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi mandy,
It doesn't sound right that your account username and password were still in the router after a factory reset. In addition we're not seeing any login attempts either with the correct username or otherwise. I suspect you'll need to test a different router to make sure that that isn't the cause of the fault, do you have another one available? If not please let us know and we can send you one out to test with.
mandy
Dabbler

I tried another router, this didn't work either. But, it is quite an old one and the set-up for it is not straight forward.
So yes, please send me one - thanks.
mandy
Dabbler

The test router hasn't arrived yet so I decided to have another play with mine.
I've sorted the problem with the settings after a factory reset; rather than use reset facility on the router, I performed a software factory reset & then reboot the router; this clears everything!
I've  entered the test info and can see the BT test page - again.
I cleared these test settings - software factory reset & reboot and can confirm this cleared everything (otherwise I would still be able to get on the BT test page - I checked, I can't!)
I entered the test info for the bt user test - no connection, unable to see the BT test page
I cleared these test settings - software factory reset & reboot and entered my own settings - still no connection.
Happy to try the test router when it arrives, and thankyou for sending it. But, because I can connect to the BT test page (when I put the test info into my router), I'm still not convinced that this is were the fault lies.
mandy
Dabbler

NO INTERNET FOR 11 DAYS!!
Well the test router arrived today and is all set-up but still no internet so I called PN; they are referring the fault back to BT.
Now, last time the BT engineer visited, he tested the socket and checked at the exchange & said all were ok.
When I asked him, he also agreed that if I can connect to http://bt.net/digitaldemo using bt_test@startup_domain and the test password, then this verifies that my equipment is ok and he said it verifies BT equipment is ok. He also said that any authentication issues are a PN fault.
I agreed to being sent a test router to rule out once and for all an error with my equipment & set-up.
What I find really anoying is that PN today told me that when the BT engineer reported back to them the first time around, he reported that the fault was with my equipment!! Somebody's telling porkies BT or PN?
So I ask myself, what are the chances that BT say again that this is a PN problem - 100%
And what is an authentication issue? Does it mean that PN doesn't recognise my user name and password when I try to login?
mandy
Dabbler

Sod this; the last entry on my ticket was on Monday at 5:12pm:
"Eu advises that engineer said wasn't at property, tried test router and still auth fault. Please investigate further"
This comment was made by PN AFTER I had phoned them; its pretty obvious that nothing gets done on a ticket unless you phone customer services. So, in order to remind them that I am still here and still have a problem, I will be phoning when I get home from work - TO ASK FOR MY MAC KEY!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If you ask for a MAC key the fault investigation will be automatically cancelled
nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

Quote from: Chris
Hi Mandy,
Sorry to hear of your problems.
I've just ran a quick line test and it's showing that you may still have a test username entered in your router, this is why you can't see anything other than the BT test site.
You need to log in to your router and change the connection username and password to your details, they should be username@plusdsl.net along with your account password.

How old is your account mandy? Mine's eight years and the login is username@plus.net not plusdsl.net. Just a thought, might be worth trying that.
Mand
Grafter

I've got one of our faults agents looking at this for you now.
mandy
Dabbler

I've had no internet for 17 days now.
Today I received the advance notice for my direct debit payment - why do Plusnet finding it fitting to still charge for a service they are not supplying?
nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

And they promised that we wouldn't miss JameseH when he left!!  Crazy
mal0z
Grafter

there are unlikely to be an PN Comms staff reading this until Tuesday - so I've tried to highlight to some people that might help.
sorry to see you are without PN web access