cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet for 15 days and a sad farewell

grahampsmith197
Dabbler

No internet for 15 days and a sad farewell

I am so completely hacked off, I have now had no internet for 15 days, and all I ever get told is that it is being tested - how long does it take to test.
I have read other posts where engineers have been sent, and all sorts, me nothing. This is despite numerous calls etc..
I have been a PN customer for 5 years, have a home account and a business account, and referrals for several family members
I could not afford for my business line to be down for this long, and would be embarassed if my recommendations were this bad
What is worse, is that PN haven't even apologised - and it was when they shifted me to ADSL2 that the problems began - why can't they just switch it back
14 REPLIES 14
grahampsmith197
Dabbler

Re: No internet for 15 days

At last solved - needed to change username on router to plusdsl.net from plusdsl2.net
Could have been solved day 1
Very, very, poor
pierre_pierre
Grafter

well you did not say that it failed when you installed a new router
grahampsmith197
Dabbler

It didn't fail when I installed a new router, it failed when they upgraded ADSL to ADSL2 - the new router had worked fine for about a month with the old user name
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Graham,
I assume at some point you were on the RIN trial we were running? If so that explains why your router had plusdsl2.net in there. Regardless of that, it should have been noticed at the first point on investigation and for that I apologise.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Chris: Would it be possible to identify all the users who are still using the plusdsl2 login and advise them to change back to the normal login? It would prevent problems affecting other users as they move across to 21CN.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend

We did email those who were using RIN back in April when we were arranging the decommission of this. I'll see if we can get a list of those still on and arrange to contact them in some way.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
grahampsmith197
Dabbler

If I was on a trial, then I was not aware, and I do not recall receiving an email informing me to change (that doesn't mean I didn't receive it, it just means that I don't recall it!)
grahampsmith197
Dabbler

What I will add, and on a separate post as well, is that I am now getting downlaod speed (according to mybroadbandspeed) of close to 5,000 kbps consistently. We were also able to watch iPlayer on the Wii last night uniterrupted.
Unfortunately, the response was just too slow, and we have already made the decision to move to cable (a shame after 5 years +)
Chris
Legend

Although this doesnt really help you now Graham,
We've sent an email today to all customers who are still connecting on plusdsl2.net asking them to move back over to the normal realm.
grahampsmith197
Dabbler

Just a sign off note on this one -
Following all the hassle over this, we decided to shift our telephone and broadband to Virgin Media. Because I don't trust VM, I left the broadband account open in case I needed to switch back. Today I phoned to cancel the broadband, and have been charged £25 (for BT costs)- in a way that's fair, but two things:
1) the phone was already disconnected, so I can't see what BT had to do
2) In the middle of my troubles, I was told I could cancel, and if the fault turned out to be BTs, then I wouldn't pay the disconnect fee - this was a silly error by PN, so I think they should have paid it
Now, perspective....
I have been with PN for six years as a domestic customer, I still have a business connection which I am not disconnecting - I don't think that the issues will re-occur.
PN in that time have offered fantastic service, the fact that I can check the site for how long a call will take to be answered etc.. is awesome, the availability of a forum such as this is transparent
So, I will continue to recommend PN, and it is with an element of sadness that I depart
As an aside VM installed cable a month ago, and still haven't been back to bury the cables despite three promises, BUT I do have mobile numbers for the engineers, and am getting 16MB download speeds consistently
grahampsmith197
Dabbler

Actually a sad farewell...

Sorry this is a double post, but I guessed some may not scroll through the other one.. (http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/board,47.0.html)
Its a shame I am cancelling because.....
I have been with PN for six years as a domestic customer, I still have a business connection which I am not disconnecting - I don't think that the issues will re-occur.
PN in that time have offered fantastic service, the fact that I can check the site for how long a call will take to be answered etc.. is awesome, the availability of a forum such as this is transparent
So, I will continue to recommend PN, and it is with an element of sadness that I depart
As an aside VM installed cable a month ago, and still haven't been back to bury the cables despite three promises, BUT I do have mobile numbers for the engineers, and am getting 16MB download speeds consistently
The final mild irritation. Today I phoned to cancel the broadband, and have been charged £25 (for BT costs)- in a way that's fair, but two things:
1) the phone was already disconnected, so I can't see what BT had to do
2) In the middle of my troubles, I was told I could cancel, and if the fault turned out to be BTs, then I wouldn't pay the disconnect fee - this was a silly error by PN, so I think they should have paid it

Chris
Legend

Hi Graham,
Sorry to hear you've moved your account away, it should never have got to that point.
Good to hear that you're keeping your business connection with us, I hope we can provide the service you expect on that account.
Good luck with your new ISP.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Chris
We've sent an email today to all customers who are still connecting on plusdsl2.net asking them to move back over to the normal realm.

[me=jelv]thinks that anybody that ignored this email might be having fun today.[/me]
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend

Re: No internet for 15 days and a sad farewell

FYI - We've made some updates to the @plusdsl2.net realm this afternoon which has caused connection problems for the customers connected on that realm. The way to fix this (for those who can get online to read this) is to change the username in the router to <username>@plusdsl.net
*And should now be all fixed.