Did you mean: 

No help for NHS Employee

FIXED
missile
Grafter
Fixes: 2

No help for NHS Employee

Hi,

We have unlimited fibre extra and line rental from Plusnet and never use the land line.

My wife works for the NHS and has been asked to work from home, which she is happy to do. She dials NHS answer phone service to hear and action messages from patients using our landline. In two days she exceeded our £55 limit for calls and our phone was blocked. I have credited our account with £50 and phone was re-connected.
Plusnet have an option for unlimited UK & mobile calls @ £9 / month. I have tried to change our contract, but the web page has rejected this "You cannot change your home phone product at this time"
Plusnet on line chat is not operating. I have tried to phone Plusnet, no reply. I have spend over two hours on hold with no reply, it is most frustrating 😞

It seems I have no option but to switch to another supplier?

Stay Safe

17 REPLIES 17
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: No help for NHS Employee

@missile In the current situation, the PN call centre is open 0800-2000. What time did you try to call?

Note that they are also operating with reduced staffing, so wait times may be a little extended. I do understand your frustration.

John
missile
Grafter

I phoned at 9, 10 ,11 and no response. I gave up and sent you a message I am still waiting for a response. 

My wife provides help to patients who are in need and getting no help from Plusnet.

I have contacted another provider. They were able to answer their phone and have been very helpful.

jab1
Legend

I am not PN staff, merely a customer like you.

If you phoned at 2100, 2200 and 2300, have you noticed that I gave you the call centre times (0800-2000)?

Obviously, different organisations will have different opening times in the current situation.

John
missile
Grafter

Dude,

Thanks for your comments. I do  know the number for Plusnet. I do know the times when they are supposed to provide assistance.

As I said, I have attempted to contact them on line, by phone (at 9am, 10am and 11am) and by e mail. 

We are all working under difficult circumstances. Other providers are being more helpful than Plusnet. 

jab1
Legend

OK, you know the times (0800-2000), so calling after that time, you can't really expect a response, can you?

This should get picked up when the staff return.

OOps sorry - you have now given a bit more detail,like AM rather than the PM I assumed as your post was in the night.

John
missile
Grafter

You seem to have misread my post.

Plusnet on line chat is disconnected. I tried to contact by phone at 09.00, 10.00 and 11.00, I was on hold for more than 2 hours. I sent them an e mail and have not received a response. 

jab1
Legend

See my edit - I did misread your post where  you added 'AM', and apologised.

Chat has been discontinued, which has upset a number of people, and email is not supported - never has been - as a method of communication.

John
missile
Grafter

"Chat has been discontinued" It is not discontinued. It has a robot rather than a human response.

"email is not supported - never has been - as a method of communication." Not correct, I have sent "Webmail" to and received replies from Plusnet.

jab1
Legend

Chat is discontinued for all but sales - hence the 'robot voice' - as I have never had cause to use it, I don't know how it works now.

I obviously can't argue with your assertion re: 'webmail' but I  find it strange when it has been stated on the forums in response to others that it is not considered by Plusnet as an option.

John
missile
Grafter

Hi,

Thanks for your comments. Please be advised:

In post No1, I said I was on hold for more than two hours - obviously if I had phoned out of hours I would not have been on hold.

"Chat is discontinued for all but sales" - Not correct. The robot offers assistance on a variety of issues. Previously there was then an option to speak to a human. Live Chat on line is "offline". Hopefully Plusnet staff will be returning to work soon and Live Chat will be re-instated . 

Perhaps you should try Chat and Webmail?

For your info; Plusnet have a Facebook page and a twitter account. I have contact both, but they are not responding to social media.

jab1
Legend

OK. I'm leaving this to PN staff, but will just answer the points you have raised above, for completeness.

If you rang at 9 AM, 10 AM and 11 AM, presumably that was after the 11 AM call?

I was obviously a little obtuse in my reply re Chat - what I should have said was that true 'Live Chat' - i.e. contact with a human was discontinued.

I could try live chat and webmail, but have no cause to, and in any case, don't like them as a contact medium - personal choice.

Similarly, I don't like Twitter/Facebook and don't use either.

Hope you get sorted.

John
missile
Grafter

Thanks for your comments.  

You appear to have misunderstood. I phoned at 9, 10 & 11 am.

I have been trying to contact Plusnet by phone since 8 am and eventually got a response. Apparently there is a fault on my contract which is preventing me having the option for unlimited UK & mobile calls. The assistant said I can continue to pay for each and every call or they can cancel my phone and give me a new number. 

I did explain that changing our number would be a huge inconvenience not only to us. It is not just a change to a number in the phone book. NHS IT Department have set up communications using our existing number. NHS patient messages are not being answered. 

I was told there was no other option. This makes no sense to me. Perhaps someone from Plusnet can explain?

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

Hi @missile 

Do you have a mobile phone contract with unlimited phone calls? If so why not use that for making calls (you might want to hide your caller ID)

Just a thought

Dan.

missile
Grafter

Hi,

Thanks Dan. I will suggest she tries that.