cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No emails received about support questions raised or about replies to them

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

No emails received about support questions raised or about replies to them

I'm not getting email notification of Help Assistant questions and their replies any more.

This first happened last month when I reported a phone fault via the line fault checker. That time I also contacted Online Chat and spoke to someone as the line fault checker gave an error message to say 'something had gone wrong' and didn't say what the result of the test is. I only saw the raised question when I went to the member centre and looked at my questions to see if there was anything there to indicate progress.

Today there's a similar fault on the line, so having the same error message from the line fault checker I went to 'my questions' and had a look. Still no email notification that it's there, and a new customer would have no idea it was there to read but I do, being a long-time customer.

My email address hasn't changed, so I wonder whether they are not being sent or are being sent but blocked by my other email provider. All other emails from Plusnet seem to get through OK to that address.

Fortunately the fault has exactly the same details as the previous one, which I understand mean it's at the exchange
Fault location: FU
Diagnosis code: T088
Description: FAULT - Earth Contact

So I hope it's fixed as promptly as last time and that they make a better job of it, so it doesn't happen again so soon after being fixed!

Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
1 REPLY 1
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: No emails received about support questions raised or about replies to them

Sorry to hear that.

There's no issues we're aware of with e-mail notifications.

With regards to your phone fault we should have a update by the end of tomorrow.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team