cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone and excessive waiting time to speak to an advisor

No dial tone and excessive waiting time to speak to an advisor

I have no dial tone, I can’t receive calls, yet my broadband is working, the waiting time to speak to an adviser is thirty minutes, not good

7 REPLIES 7
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: No dial tone and excessive waiting time to speak to an advisor

Click on this link and follow the instructions under "There's no dial tone" https://www.plus.net/help/phone/phone-line-troubleshooting/

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

If this is FTTC and the voice fault is between the cabinet and the exchange (e-side) there will be no impact on broadband operation.

If the fault is between the home and the cabinet (d-side) then ADSL can limp along with one side of the circuit broken.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Thanks for your input I appreciate it

Hi thanks for the info, I’ve tried the troubleshooting routine Three times and after a short time the same message appears “Oops something went wrong” and a number to phone so I’m in the loop of having to wait to speak to someone, thanks anyway for the input

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

In that case, check your tickets (see link below).

It is known that the line tester does report failure in some conditions ... but it can also have successfully raised a fault report to BTOR. If there’s a ticket, you do not need to bother phoning.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Yes there is a ticket raised, thanks for your advice 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, the fault has been cleared back to us by Openreach so it should be resolved now. Are you able to confirm if it has please?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team