cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No compromise in service? Yeah right!!!!

tony8436
Grafter

No compromise in service? Yeah right!!!!

ATTENTION ALL POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS! Plusnets latest adverts say that you will get a great deal and no compromise in service, I believed this and moved to Plusnet from Sky. With Sky, I was getting just over 3 Mbps broadband, a slow but acceptable speed. Upon moving to Plusnet, my speed reduced by 50% to 1.5 Mbps. I have spoken to Plusnet support who have told me that this is not a compromise in service and I will either have to accept an unusable speed or pay to get out of the contract and go back to Sky.  How is a 50% reduction in speed not a compromise in service? What's worse is that the customer support team don't care. I have contacted the Advertising standards authority and told them about the false advertising and Plusnets poor attitude towards the customer who stupidly fell for their lies.  I know that some people on here are receiving a good service from Plusnet,  but I certainly am not. Just because they got it right with you, does not mean that they get it right every time. I am not after any technical support, being told to turn it off and on again, or any opinions about how Plusnet are the best, I am simply trying to warn anybody who is thinking about moving to Plusnet that despite their advertising campaign, you might suffer a loss in service, and they don't give a damn. TAKE A CONTRACT WITH THEM AT YOUR OWN RISK, BUT YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!
14 REPLIES 14
AndyH
Grafter

Re: No compromise in service? Yeah right!!!!

Looking at your previous posts, it looks like you've had the same issue before?
tony8436
Grafter

In addition to this, the £70 cash-back offer that I was informed about on the phone when I was conned into the contract has mysteriously fallen off the radar and reappeared as a £50 Amazon voucher. Yet more lies to get people into a contract.
AndyH
Grafter

Did you receive an email? Seen the sticky?
tony8436
Grafter

The e-mail I received was for the £50 Amazon voucher, not the £70 cash-back. I have phoned customer support and asked about it and they said they would look into it, but it seems that I'm not the only one this has happened to. Not a good start PN.
picbits
Rising Star

Have you raised a ticket with the issue ? If so then put the ticket number on here and hopefully a member of the DCT will pick it up.
If you haven't raised a ticket it would be wise to asap.
tony8436
Grafter

The customer service guy I spoke to said he would pass it on to the relevant team and they would contact me. He didn't give me a ticket number and there isn't one shown on my account.
picbits
Rising Star

I'd still raise it as a ticket (and post the ticket number back here) - that way it is nice and official and nothing gets "lost"
The guys at PN towers aren't always as efficient as they should be but they get there in the end.
tony8436
Grafter

After being a customer for less than a month I've already discovered how inefficient they are, not only with the cash-back but also with the drop in service that they think is acceptable as mentioned in the original post. Thanks for your help though Dom S, if only the staff at PN were half as helpful as you. I know people on here slate other providers but having been a customer of Talk Talk and Sky, I find these guys to be the worst by far. It was only the new customer deal of £70 cash-back and the advert saying that I wouldn't have to compromise on service that made me try PN, but so far they have failed to deliver on both. I regret moving to PN already and will leave as soon as I can.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Upon moving to Plusnet, my speed reduced by 50% to 1.5 Mbps. I have spoken to Plusnet support who have told me that this is not a compromise in service and I will either have to accept an unusable speed or pay to get out of the contract and go back to Sky.  How is a 50% reduction in speed not a compromise in service?

I'm sorry you're unhappy, however the estimates we provided *before* were for speeds around 2Mb and you're currently in sync at 2743  with a profile of 2300.  We can't guarantee that you'll get the same speed as your previous provider, as some companies use a different technology this just isn't possible.
the £70 cash-back offer that I was informed about on the phone when I was conned into the contract has mysteriously fallen off the radar and reappeared as a £50 Amazon voucher.

All the notes on our account refer to a specific offer code, this is for £50 vouchers. I can't see a reference to £70 cashback unfortunately.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
tony8436
Grafter

Quote from: Chris

I'm sorry you're unhappy, however the estimates we provided *before* were for speeds around 2Mb and you're currently in sync at 2743  with a profile of 2300.  We can't guarantee that you'll get the same speed as your previous provider, as some companies use a different technology this just isn't possible.

If you can't guarantee this then saying that I will not have to compromise on service is a blatant LIE.
Quote from: Chris

All the notes on our account refer to a specific offer code, this is for £50 vouchers. I can't see a reference to £70 cash-back unfortunately.

The offer mentioned on the phone was for £70 cash-back, yet another lie to get me tied into a contract that simply doesn't deliver.
picbits
Rising Star

Do you remember the date when you called ? Most calls seem to be recorded by Plusnet so they should be able to listen back to the call and sort you out appropriately if you have been incorrectly advised.
tony8436
Grafter

Don't remember the exact date, but have spoken to customer support again and they have said they will check the sales call. Customer services also confirmed what Chris said about being on a 2300 profile, despite my line being able to handle up to 3500 (the highest I had with Sky). Apparently, they can't change this. I am one very unhappy customer and will be going back to Sky unless this is sorted out very soon. If they want me to pay to get out of the contract, they will have to take me to court, but I will refuse to pay as I have had a significant reduction in service and was lied to about the new customer deal. Some people on here won't like this comment but even TalkTalk weren't this bad.
gswindale
Grafter

On the issue of your line profile; if you were previously with sky; then it is possible that their equipment in the exchange allowed the line to support a faster speed than the BT kit that Plusnet use.
I seem to recall as well; that when going through the signup process (certainly online) that you get advised what the likely speed will be.  It would be interesting to know if the estimated speed was mentioned on your initial call (although Chris seems to think it was in his earlier post).
tony8436
Grafter

They did give and estimate, but I questioned whether I would get the same speed as I was currently getting which was at the top end of the estimate and the sales girly said she can see no reason why not. Obviously just a sales pitch because I am now just below the bottom end of the estimate. The estimate was 2.5 to 3.5 Mbps. With sky I was getting just over 3 Mbps and occasionally up to 3.5 Mbps, now PN have capped me at 2.3 Mbps, 0.2 Mbps below the minimum they estimated. It may not seem like a big drop to some, but when you get such a slow speed anyway, every Kbps counts.